City Of Arcadia
California Coalition for Counselor Licensure
Therapy Arcadia, CA
Arcadia CA, Sierra Madre, San Marino, Monrovia, Altadena, Temple City
Arcadia, located in Los Angeles County, is a relatively small city.1 According to city data.com, there has been a drop in violent crime, but an increase in robbery. Arcadia is known as a City of Trees, full of vibrant healthy trees, and its residents take pride in its charming beauty. Arcadia has a rich history, spanning back much further than 1903, when it first became a city. Early settlers cultivated the area for its rich farmland, spawning ranches, gambling and entertainment.
Mental Health in Arcadia
Arcadia residents usually have to look outside their city to find counseling services. Pasadena is only 7 miles from Arcadia, and the Fuller Seminary Psychological Center in Pasadena offers an assortment of counseling programs, from depression, to domestic violence, and either individual or group therapy.2 Marriage and couples counseling are part of their program. Although this is a Christian institution (a seminary) they offer low cost therapy to people of all denominations. Their telephone number is (626) 584-5555.
Arcadia Mental Health Services delivers counseling services for adults. The center can be contacted at (626) 821-5858. They are funded by the Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health, so are able to offer low cost counseling sessions for those who might otherwise not have access to counseling.3
According to the California Healthcare Foundation, 50% of Californians with serious mental illness do not receive any treatment. Their studies demonstrate that lower income people are more likely to suffer higher incidences of mental illness, and they are the populations who are underinsured or uninsured.4 Operation Hometown Heroes is a community outreach program in Arcadia that recognizes and honors families and individuals who have loved ones serving in the armed forces. The city also has an "Adopt a soldier pen pal program" which pairs residents to active duty members to foster and encourage relationships between them. 5
1. QuickFacts. (2010) . Interactive Census Population Search CA-Arcadia City. Retrieved from http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/06/0602462.html.
2. Fuller Family and Psychological Services . (2013) . Counseling & Psychotherapy Services. Retrieved from http://www.fuller.edu/offices/fpfs/fpfs_counseling___psychotherapy_services/.
3. The Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health . (2013) . Mental/Behavioral Health. Retrieved from http://losangeles.networkofcare.org/mh/services/agency.aspx?pid=ARCADIAMENTALHEALTHSERVICES_68_2_0.
4. California Healthcare Foundation. (2013) . Mental Health Care in California. Retrieved from http://www.chcf.org/publications/2013/07/mental-health-california.
5. City of Arcadia (2014). Operation Hometown Heroes. Retrieved from http://www.ci.arcadia.ca.us/home/index.asp?page=1535
Welcome to our network of mental health practitioners and therapists in Arcadia. Our greatest desire at Theravive is that you would find the right qualified help. Our professionals offer many forms of therapy such as overcoming depression, life coaching, anger management, and marriage counseling. Counselors in Arcadia and credentialed psychotherapists are ready to help.
Therapist, Counselor Arcadia, CA. Therapy with values in California.