City of Chula Vista
California Coalition for Counselor Licensure
Therapy Chula Vista, CA
National City, Bonita, Sunnyside, Boal, Castle Park, Lincoln Acres
One of the many benefits of living in Chula Vista is its vibrant parks and recreation department. As well as maintaining a network of parks and swimming pools, the department offers a variety of classes for adults and children. For those interested in fine arts, dance, or music, classes such as pencil and pastel presentation, ballet, belly dancing, and guitar are available. During the summer months, the department offers a wide selection of affordable sports camps. The library in the Chula Vista began with a group of concerned citizens in 1891.1 During the boom of the lemon growing industry, the city applied for a Carnegie Foundation grant in 1917 in order to build a library. The library has served the community well through the years, especially during the Great Depression as it became the centerpiece of civic life during that time. Today, there are several branches of the library with the South Chula Vista Branch being featured as it was designed by well-known Mexican architect, Ricardo Legoretta. Current children and youth programs at the library include children’s story time, teen tutoring, chess club, and family pajama story time.
Marriage and Couples Mental Health in Chula Vista
There are approximately 250,000 citizens residing in Chula Vista, California. Although nearly 80% of the population is married, divorce rates are still fairly high.2 Over 40% of all marriages end in divorce�this is comparable to some larger cities with high divorce rates.3
There are various resources in the community that serve to empower families. South Bay Community Services hosts programs that provide support for families dealing with issues across all stages of childhood. Healthy Development Services, with funding from First 5 San Diego, provides services free to all children. Programs offered to families include parenting classes, behavioral services, developmental services, such as speech and language and occupational and physical therapy services, and vision and hearing services. To schedule a free appointment, please call 619-420-3620 x1103.4
Family Services and Assistance Programs
The Chula Vista area has many different resources that are available to married couples, as well as families with children.5 There are hotlines that can be called for support in issues such as child abuse, couple's issues, mental illnesses, and sexually transmitted diseases. These resources are provided are by the government. In addition, there are other private resources available, which gives several options for help to those struggling.6
For any family who is having difficulty caring for children or is handling mental health crisis, the children�s system of care hotline (619-421-6900) is perfect for those under 18 or for parents who require assistance and the adult crisis help line (1-888-724-7240) is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.5
1. Chula Vista, CA. (2014). City Development Services. Retrieved from http://www.chulavistaca.gov/City_Services/Development_Services/Planning_Building/PDF/Chapter_08-Public_Facilities_000.pdf.
2. United States Census Bureau. (2014). Chula Vista (city) QuickFacts. Retrieved from http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/06/0613392.html.
3. Office of Information Services. (2014). National Marriage And Divorce Rate Trends. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/marriage_divorce_tables.htm.
4. Southbay Community Services. (2014). Child Well Being. Retrieved from http://southbaycommunityservices.org/services/child-well-being/ .
5. County of San Diego. (2014). Hhsa Facilities List. Retrieved from http://www.sdcounty.ca.gov/hhsa/facilities/.
6. San Diego County. (2014). Mental Health Resources. Retrieved from http://sdpublic.sdcounty.ca.gov/healthy-kids-and-families/mental-health-services/.
We believe in saving marriages and restoring families and relationships.
Couples Therapy and Family Therapist Chula Vista, CA. Find immediate help with a trained professional who can bring relief and healing to your life. We are ready to help you leap to a better future.
Marriage Counselor Chula Vista. Couples Counseling Chula Vista CA.