John's unique counselling/coaching helping style is highly praised by his clients. He combines counselling and life coaching techniques with individuals, couples, families, groups and organizations for 25+ years. His style is very effective and clients find that their issues get resolved faster than in traditional therapy.
Since his university years, John's focus has been on turning individuals, relationships and families around - equipping them with the skills and abilities to make their lives healthy, mature and enjoyable. It is often said about John:
listened to my problems first, he understood, and then he advised/guided me to solve the problems. He did not rush me into anything."
- "He gave me practical strategies that I implemented, enabling me to be the person I always wanted to be!"
- "He was very sensitive, understanding and knowledgeable of my concerns and life issues."
- "I truly believe that you were God's answer to us in our darkest moment, and you played a pivotal role in helping to bring transformation in our marriage."
- "Your effective counselling and life coaching has helped me go back to work with peace and it is helping my son to go back to school with
new skills which will help him better handle his daily life and environment."
He is a registered clinical social worker, individual, couple and family psychotherapist, ADD specialist and life coach. John holds three degrees including a Master's degree in clinical social work from Wilfrid Laurier University. He has extensive training in specialized areas of counselling/coaching (but not limited to):
- Individual, Couple and Family
- Child, Adolescent and Adult ADD/ADHD
- Anger Management/Conflict Resolution
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Abuse, Spousal and Family Violence
- Wounded/Injured Emotional Healing
- Psychiatry and Mental Health
- Alcohol/Drug Abuse
- Learning Disabilities
- Employment Issues
His psychological services fees are often partially or fully covered by extended health insurance plans (eg. Great-West Life, Sunlife) and third-party providers (EAP, WSIB). See his website for more information.
John is married to Rita and enjoys spending time with his family, Matthew and Daniel. He loves to learn, travel, snow ski, spend time with his extended family and friends, and has a deep connection with God.
See link: Emotional Wound First-Aid Kit: A Comprehensive Guide for Rapid Healing
John Schurmann ReachesMarkham ON