We all have a story. Yours has brought you to my webpage, right now. While forces out of our control have often shaped how that story has unfolded, I believe we all have the capacity to take charge and start writing a new story-- one that aligns with who we truly are and what we want in life.
My story has unfolded in such a way that I have had the privilege of helping countless individuals and couples to:
- Manage stress and anxiety effectively
- Communicate and resolve conflict for healthier and more fulfilling relationships
- Let go of fears, anger or sadness that keep depression entrenched
- Learn to set boundaries and be assertive
- Navigate and adjust to life transitions & changes
- Move through grief and loss
- Cultivate self-compassion, self-forgiveness and self-love
- Heal from abuse and childhood wounds
- Discover passion and purpose
- Develop inner strength and courage
- Achieve work-life balance
You have undoubtedly tried to deal as best as you can with whatever challenges have brought you here. Sometimes, life throws us blows we just can’t seem to move through. Research shows that counselling can help you get “unstuck” and significantly improve your quality of life.
We begin by establishing a safe, confidential and collaborative working relationship where we identify key problems, set goals, clarify underlying feelings, discover patterns and learn practical tools to enhance well-being and healing.
Throughout our time together, I will listen, guide, encourage, and challenge; I will offer therapeutic insight, interpretation and feedback when appropriate; suggest relevant assignments, activities and direction in therapy; and provide recommendations on how to improve the quality of your life in a simple and sustainable way.
In order to meet your unique needs, I draw from a variety of therapeutic approaches/techniques including (but not limited to):
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Bader-Pearson (Developmental) Model for Couples Therapy
- Experiential Activities
- Creative Arts Therapy (i.e., collages, drawings, paintings)
- Psychoeducation (i.e., readings, education on relevant psychological concepts)
- Relaxation Techniques (i.e., diaphragmatic breathing, visualization)
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
Prior to becoming a therapist, I began my education in Montreal at Concordia University where I received a Bachelor's degree in Human Relations, Anthropology & Psychology. I went on to obtain my Master's degree in Counselling Psychology at McGill University in 2008. Shortly thereafter I moved out to Grande Prairie to start a new life in the Peace Region.
I love cooking, travelling, watching movies, playing with my dog at the river, watching the sunrise, helping people, and spending time with my husband of 12 years and our two boys.
Kalua Rhody ReachesGrande Prairie AB