I have a deep passion for God and his Word and feel that part of my mission is to convey his love and grace to those whom I am blessed to journey with through difficult relationships, life stages, or situations.
Before being called by God to this ministry, I had personally experienced the pain, shame and deep loneliness of some of the same challenges and difficulties in life that bring people to my office today. Bearing this in mind, I strive to create a warm, welcoming, grace-filled experience for all. My office is a sanctuary - a safe place in the middle of your storm. I am honoured to share your pilgrimage to peace.
My statement of faith: There is one God:
- The Father is the ultimate expression of love.
- Jesus is the ultimate expression of grace.
- The Holy Spirit is the ultimate Counselor.
As a Christian, created in the image of God, I believe in excellence and integrity in serving God. To that end I have been educated in specifically Christian/Pastoral counseling as follows:
- Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor (NCCA)
- Certified Temperament Counselor (SACC)
- Certified Christian Counselor (CCCC)
- Commissioned Minister of Pastoral Care (NCCC)
- Associate Member Canadian Association for Spiritual Care
- Prepare/Enrich Facilitator
- Conflict Resolution Coach (Peacemakers Ministries)
You are unique - God knew you and "knit you together" in your mother's womb (Psalm 139). However, many people do not feel special and struggle greatly with their self-worth and identity. As a Certified Temperament Counselor, I can help you discover the person that God created you to be, freeing you to live a life that uses your identified temperament strengths while encouraging your growth in your identified temperament weaknesses. There is great peace that comes from knowing that you are not defined or limited by your problems because God has a good purpose and plan for your life.
Shirley Faas ReachesChatham ON