I have enjoyed being a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in Edmonds since 2005.
Below you can find out a little about my professional history, the kind of work I do and clients I serve.
Qualifications and Training
A.E.D.P (Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy) Vancouver BC Canada - Trauma Therapy
1. Individualized Supervision 2015
2. Core Training (Group Case Presentations) 2014
3. Essential Skills (Theory and Practice) 2013
Chemical Dependency Recovery Coursework, Edmonds Community College 2003
Internship CRC Lynnwood Methadone Clinic 2004
National Licensure 2002, Mental Health Counselor
M.A. A.B.S (Applied Behavioral Science) from Bastyr University 1996
B.A. degree in Biblical Literature, Northwest College 1983
Private Practice 2005-Present
Compass Health 1999-2005 Case Manager working with mentally ill and chemically dependent clients
Fairfax Psychiatric Hospital, Psych Tech. Children, Adolescents and Adults 1987-1999
Services: You may need help with these relational, mental health or addiction related problems.
Individuals - I work with adults and teens and in some cases with children older than 5.
A little kindness
Sometimes we simply need someone safe to tell our story to. We're not necessarily in crisis and we may not be coming apart at work or home, but something in our hearts tells us it would be good for us to talk...We all need this from time to time...
- Adult Children of Alcoholics and Dysfunctional Families
- Sexual abuse survivors
- Physical abuse survivors
- Verbal abuse
- Compassionate counseling
- In office interventions for families and friends of an addicted person
- Education for families
- Referrals for detox and treatment of addiction
- Crisis prevention planning
- Relapse prevention
- Communication skill development
- Conflict regulation skill training
- Deepening understanding of gender needs
- Overcoming roadblocks to intimacy
- Skill training to develop interdependence and oneness
- Developing safety
- Working the process to overcome emotional pain
- Helping families develop communication skills
- Using the love and logic model for parenting skills
- Assessing functioning levels using attachment and development as a framework
- Developing capacities using differentiation vs. anxiety interventions (family systems)
Initial Contact - I love to help clients feel comfortable in their choice of counselor by giving them time to talk with me over the phone if they wish. The best time to call is in the morning but I typically return calls within 24 hours.
Wishing you the best -
Steve Dill LMHC 206-818-9546