I live in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. I am a registered clinical counsellor, licensed marriage and family counsellor, a certified Daring Way™ facilitator (CDWF), a transformational life coach, seminar facilitator, and author. I provide counselling for the Vancouver Police Department plus the Toronto and Vancouver Victim Services. I am also a member of CHARD whereby I take referrals from physicians and other healthcare practitioners, plus I am an EFAP service provider with Homewood Health Services.
In 1988, I was the founder of Grace House, a residential treatment program for at-risk foster care youth. In 2006, I was the Executive Director of a Vancouver city-wide social services agency called NeighbourLink whereby I developed multiple social service programs that sought to empower people living in poverty.
In addition to my private practice, I provide business and life coaching, counselling and seminars that equip people in a variety of areas. I specifically facilitate weekly group sessions and weekend retreats related to the work of Dr. Brene' Brown on shame and shame resiliency in addition to teaching my own materials.
I hold a Doctorate in counselling and leadership from ACTS in Langley, British Columbia where my focus was to determine if women’s self-esteem and self-awareness increased once they articulated their values and activated their goals based on what they are passionate about doing in life.
My coaching, counselling and academic credentials include:
- Graduate of Rising Strong™ with Brene' Brown (2015)
- Graduate of The Daring Way™ with Brene' Brown and team (2014)
- Licensed Pastor in the Marketplace PAOC (2015)
- Member of the British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC)
- Member of the American Association of Christian Counsellors (AACC: 2012)
- Doctor of Ministry (Counselling/Leadership, ACTS: 2010)
- Life & Business Coach (Erickson College International: 2010)
- Pastor (Christian & Missionary Alliance: 2008-2014)
- SOS Children's Village (Family Counsellor 2005-2008)
- Welcome Home (Men's Addiction Recovery Therapist 2004-2008)
- Pastor of Family Counselling (Pentecostal Assemblies: 2002-2004)
- Master of Divinity in Leadership (ACTS: 2004-2005)
- Master of Counselling & Leadership (ACTS: 1997-2004)
- Vancouver City Executive Director (NeighbourLink: 2003-2006)
- Director of Grace House (1986-2002)
- Master in Counselling (Regent College: 1993-1996)
- Counsellor: Family Services: (1980-1987)
- Caretakers Marriage & Family Counselling (1994-1996)
- Community Based Social Services (Langara College: 1984-1985)
- Addictions Counsellor Degree (Langara College: 1982-1983)
- The Senator Group (Individual and Family Counsellor: 1980-1984)
Dr. Wendy Dubois ReachesWest Vancouver BCEast Vancouver BCVancouver BC