I live in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor, Licensed Marriage and Family Counsellor, a Certified Daring Way™ facilitator (CDWF), a Transformational Life Coach, seminar facilitator, and author. Also, I have worked with a lot of victims of crime through the Crime Victim Assistance Program (CVAP) in cities across Canada. Ask your crime victim services worker for more details and request that you want to meet with me and it can be arranged.
Additionally, I work with a lot of Occupational Therapists who refer clients of theirs who have suffered a Mild Traumatic Brain Injury (MTBI) and who have a claim with ICBC. Talk to your ICBC adjuster or your Occupational Therapist to ask to see me for therapy.
I am an also an EFAP service provider with Homewood Health Services.
In 1988, I was the founder of Grace House, a residential treatment program for at-risk foster care youth. In 2006, I was the Executive Director of a Vancouver city-wide social services agency called NeighbourLink whereby I developed multiple social service programs that sought to empower people living in poverty.
In addition to my private practice, I provide business and life coaching, counselling and seminars that equip people in a variety of areas. I specifically facilitate weekly group sessions and weekend retreats related to the work of Dr. Brene' Brown on shame and shame resiliency in addition to teaching my own materials.
I hold a Doctorate in Counselling and leadership from ACTS in Langley, British Columbia where my focus was to determine if women’s self-esteem and self-awareness increased once they articulated their values and activated their goals based on what they are passionate about doing in life.
My coaching, counselling, and academic credentials include:
- Graduate of Rising Strong™ with Brene' Brown (2015)
- Graduate of The Daring Way™ with Brene' Brown and team (2014)
- Licensed Pastor in the Marketplace PAOC (2015)
- Member of the British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC)
- Member of the American Association of Christian Counsellors (AACC: 2012)
- Doctor of Ministry (Counselling/Leadership, (ACTS 2010)
- Life & Business Coach (Erickson College International: (2010)
- Pastor (Christian & Missionary Alliance: (2008-2014)
- SOS Children's Village (Family Counsellor (2005-2008)
- Welcome Home (Men's Addiction Recovery Therapist (2004-2008)
- Pastor of Family Counselling (Pentecostal Assemblies: (2002-2004)
- Master of Divinity in Leadership (ACTS: 2004-2005)
- Master of Counselling & Leadership (ACTS: 1997-2004)
- Vancouver City Executive Director (NeighbourLink: 2003-2006)
- Director of Grace House (1986-2002)
- Master in Counselling (Regent College: (1993-1996)
- Counsellor: Family Services: (1980-1987)
- Caretakers Marriage & Family Counselling (1994-1996)
- Community Based Social Services (Langara College: 1984-1985)
- Addictions Counsellor Degree (Langara College: (1982-1983)
- The Senator Group (Individual and Family Counsellor: (1980-1984)
Dr. Wendy Dubois ReachesWest Vancouver BCEast Vancouver BCVancouver BC