Todd Sojonky, Ph.D., R.D., Psychologist
Registered Doctoral Psychologist
3018 Doan Drive, Regina, SK
Addictions are almost a universal problem. Over 25 years I have listened to many stories of how we can fall into the trap of addiction. Drugs, alcohol, sex, work, smoking and gambling are only a few challenges people often face. An evidenced based best practice tool for addictions is Mindfulness Based Behavioral Therapy. This tool allows you to slow down and see the patterns of thought that may be creating the problem. There is significant hope in working with addictions!
Myrna Pitzel Bazylewski, BA MSW RSW RTC
Registered Social Worker
Living Spirit Centre 3018 DOAN DR., REGINA, SK
I have training in Motivational Interviewing and Solution-Focused therapy both of which are used extensively when helping people who have substance abuse issues. I do require the client come to sessions clean and sober. With many years of experience in helping people with addictions, I am able to quickly assess where they are at and help develop a plan with the client to help them on their road to recovery.
Chuck Lowery, B.A. (ADV. PSYCH.), M.A.
Professional Clinical Counselor
55 MICHENER DRIVE-Suite 103, Regina, SK
Addictions and co-dependency 'go hand-in glove'. Most couseling issues have this component aggravating their situations. Alcohol, drugs (illegal), food, shopping, pornography, sex are the ones we most deal with. Often there is more than one addiction in operation. The mood altering substance or behavior is 20% of the problem and the other 80% is a living/relationship problem. Addictions affect the entire family. We provide help for you and yours in addressing these areas of your life.
Sidney McGillicky, MSW, RSW
1801 MacKay Street, Regina, SK
Addictions treatment is intended to help addicted individuals stop compulsive drug seeking and use. Because drug addiction is typically a chronic disorder characterized by occasional relapses, a short-term, one-time treatment is usually not sufficient. For many, treatment is a long-term process that involves multiple interventions and regular monitoring. There are a variety of evidence-based approaches to treating addiction. Drug treatment can include behavioral therapy (such as cognitive-behavioral therapy or contingency management), medications, or their combination. The specific type of treatment or combination of treatments will vary...(view profile to read more)
Maureen Martens, BFA, B.Ed, MA, CPC, CCAC, ICADC
Certified Professional Counsellor
346 EAST College Ave., Regina, SK
Maureen utilizes a 12 step model of counseling/therapy to address issues of sex, alcohol, drug &/or gambling addiction that affects the whole family. Feelings of fear, shame, guilt, loneliness, & resentment are often associated with this problem. Through a systematic step-by-step process, she helps you work through personal issues & helps you to experience release from addiction that is holding you captive. You gain insight & hope for a better future and learn to live your lives happy, joyous & free as you apply the principles associated with recovery. If you are affected by someone else's addiction she will help you discover ways to respond, cope & find serenity even in the midst of chaos.
Beve Gardner, MA
Lebell and Associates 2114 College Ave, Regina, SK
Addiction can destroy lives and counselling can help a person with their addiction as well as heal hurts that have resulted from the behaviors that were a result of the addiction. Counselling also can educate clients on what addiction is and what it does to the body and mind as well give clients tools to be able to rebuild their lives and find meaning without the crutch of drugs or alcohol.
Elisabeth Scheepers, Ph.D. (psychology).
Registered Clinical Counsellor and Professional Coach
Dr. Elisabeth Scheepers works with clients with a variety of addictions. In some cases, clients need to be referred to a special treatment program before they can continue with therapy. At other times a combination of services are most beneficial. Elisabeth will discuss this with each client into detail. Addictions can take many forms. Elisabeth is nonjudgmental and believes in a harm-reduction approach to addiction and self-harming and self-sabotaging behaviours.