The goal of these classes is to provide parents with tools for:
• Conflict resolution
• Enhance nurturing
• Family bonding
• Typical behavior problems (whining, back talk, refusal to obey, sibling rivalry, chores, homework, tantrums, tattling, lying, bedtime, eating, homework, character development, etc.)
• Anger Management: recognizing your triggers, what to do when kids activate them, how to prevent yelling and losing it, calming techniques, how to handle an out-of-control child.
• Ways that parents can strengthen their relationship with their pre-adolescent.
The importance of our expectations, communication, active listening, and problem prevention.
• How to stop arguing with your teens, ways teens manipulate parents, dating, supervision, homework and grades, clothing, peers, music, etc.
• Information about sex, drugs and alcohol. How parents can prevent and intervene in destructive behaviors, running away, calling the police, depression, suicide threats, etc.
10 sessions. Once a week during 10 weeks.
Fees are affordable. Please contact the office for the current fees and for more information.