I am a somatic counselor, have a background in psychotherapy, somatic experiencing, and facilitating meditation. Over the course 11 years in private practice, I have seen many clients find relief from the combination of talk therapy, somatic experiencing, and mindfulness techniques in our work.
- Somatic Experiencing: Become more aware of yourself on a physiological level. This means you will gain an understanding of what your emotions feel like physiologically, learn tools to help you through through anxiety, grief, depression, or whatever it is you feel, without becoming stuck within your symptoms. We will interweave this technique into our talk therapy.
- Mindfulness techniques: Become more present with yourself, your environment, and the people around you. Breath work, mindfulness meditation, and stress reducing exercises are used.
- Meditation: Research shows meditation has a large capacity in helping reduce stress, depression, anxiety, and awareness...just to name a few of the benefits. If you are new to meditation, or are a meditation warrior, we will use guided meditation and visualization in our work together.
Education and Credentials
- All sessions are held via telehealth
- Masters in Art of Counseling - Regis University
- Transpersonal Psychology
- Registered Psychotherapist
- Certified Facilitator in Meditation
Do not take insurance
$120.00 per 60 min session
Allison Gomer ReachesDenver CO