If you are looking for a counsellor to help you with depression, anxiety, chronic illness or parenting concerns (for young children) these are my specialties.
I know just how heavy the weight of life can feel some days. Although blessed with many fortunes, I have had my own challenges with depression, anxiety, and chronic illness. It is through my personal experiences of overcoming and managing these challenges that I aspire to help others who strive, like me, to live their best life possible.
I aim to provide a sense of peace, calm, and compassion in my counselling sessions, utilizing a collaborative approach that is personalized, flexible, creative, research-based, and goal-driven. I aspire to help you reach your goals in the most effective and timely manner possible, while also respecting your unique process and pace. In working with me I can help you:
- Find a sense of calm and serenity
- Manage some of life's greatest challenges including mental illness, chronic illness, and parenting challenges
- Manage strong emotions such as anger, sadness, frustration, jealousy, and resentment in yourself and/or your children
- Rediscover a sense of purpose and meaning in life
- Increase motivation and fulfilment
- Move forward when feeling stuck
- Decrease isolation and loneliness
- Manage and decrease anxiety and panic attacks
- Overcome depression and consistent low mood
- Feel re-inspired and re-energized
I draw techniques from the following therapies:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Attachment Research
- Experiential Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Mind-Body Integrative Approaches
I aspire to leave each person I counsel with a greater sense of self, the strength and resilience necessary to overcome future challenges, and the skills needed to live their best life possible, whatever that may look like.
Originally from small town British Columbia, those who know me well describe me as adventurous, compassionate, non-judgemental, understanding, expressive, creative, and open-minded (as well as having a serious silly side). Initially passionate about exploring the external world via international travel and study, my passion now lies in exploring the internal forces that make us human.
I have a Masters of Counselling degree and am a Canadian Certified Counsellor. As a Certified Professional Member of the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association, I am governed by their Code of Ethics - in my work integrity, privacy, and confidentiality are of the utmost importance.
I further have had the pleasure of working with an influential Calgary-based program that coaches parents in modern, evidence-based, best practices. This experience sparked my interest in parent coaching. I strive to support strong and long-lasting parent-child bonds that promote social and emotional intelligence, resilience, and healthy brain development in today's children.
Outside of work, one of my passions is yoga. I am a trained yoga instructor and incorporate many of yoga's teachings into my life, including meditation, mindfulness, and breathing exercises. If you are interested or curious about coupling these pieces into your work with me, I would be happy to do so in a way that works best for you.
I am looking forward to working with and learning more about you! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.