Through her Psychotherapy practice, Inner Voice Mindful Choice, Kris Bell works in the areas of:
- Body Image/Thoughts and Frustrations of Being Overweight in Adults
Are you are frustrated with the way you look in your clothing? Do you avoid looking in the mirror? Do you feel self-conscious when you catch a glimpse of yourself in a reflective wall? You're not alone. Truly, most people feel that way. Our insides feel different than our outsides and we look for congruence in that outer affirmation. There are ways to learn to accept who you see, even if that is just the first step towards loving who you see and getting that image to meld with who you are.
- Self Esteem and Self Confidence in Adults
Sadly, Self Esteem and Self Confidence are not always learned in the households in which we grow up. We jump out into the world without them and find ourselves out-paced and out-maneuvered. If this feels like you, then let’s visit!
- Stress and Anxiety in Adults
There are a number of counseling philosophies to guide us into a space of comfort and trust and we’ll find a level of ease that suits you. We’ll talk about the sources of stress and anxiety and find ways that work for you to help you move forward and embrace your life with strength, courage, and wisdom.
Benefits of working with Kris:
· Learn to be comfortable in your body with the ability to bring your self image in line with reality
· Reduce stress, anxiety and depression
· Learn the Power to make practical and skillful choices that suit you, not your neighbor
· Know how to open your heart to peace, joy, and happiness!
· Embrace the life you have and the life in the future with strength, courage and wisdom
Skills Kris brings to her relationship with you:
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) skills as taught by the Center for Mindfulness at the Massachusetts Medical School.
- Skills for learning Self Compassion in order to go easy on yourself as you learn new tactics to navigate your world.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, to help change negative thinking patterns while bringing together two opposites in therapy; acceptance and change.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, to help you learn to recognize negative patterns of thought, evaluate their validity, and replace them with healthier ways of thinking. At the same time, we aim to help clients change patterns of behavior that come from dysfunctional thinking.
- Body (Somatic), and Meditation therapies to help you learn to feel symptoms of anxiety and stress in your body in order to lower their intrusive nature and possibly eliminate them. At the very least these practices bring more attention to your body and its ways of dealing stress so you have the opportunity to disrupt those automatic sensors.
Where to find Kris:
· Kris provides counseling from a comfortable office in her home in Berthoud, Colorado just blocks away from US Hwy 287. The address is provided when an appointment is made.
· Call 970-682-3270, or email email@example.com today for an appointment!
Professional Education and Experience:
- Colorado License: NLC.0109436
- Master of Arts, Contemplative Counseling Psychotherapy. Naropa University, Boulder, CO. May 2013
- Individual Counseling and Psychotherapy Practice since July, 2013
- Mindful-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Teacher Training and Practicum Certificate, University of Massachusetts Medical School, July 2012
- Certified in Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST), June 2012
- Life Coach Private Practice, Trained by the Coach Training Alliance, Fort Collins, Colorado, 2006-2009
- Disaster Child Care Provider and Manager, Disaster Child Care, Church of the Brethren Disaster Services, 1981-2003
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration/Accounting, August 1984.
Anna Kris Bell ReachesLongmont CO