Dr. Bing Wall began Heart to Heart Communication, L.C. (offices in Ames and
Urbandale, Iowa) in 1995 with the goal of applying a strength and mentoring
approach to helping people in their relationships through education, individual and marriage therapy. Prior to completing his M.S. and Ph. D. at Iowa State University
in the area of Family Studies, Human Development and Marriage and
Family Therapy, he was a pastor for 15 years.
His expertise is in couples and relationship issues. He is a licensed
Marriage and Family Therapist in the State of Iowa, and a Clinical
Member and Approved Supervisor of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy. He started a relationship blog called Thriving Couples in March, 2009, to discuss marriage issues and has posted over 300 so far. He received the Outstanding Individual Achievement in the Field of Marriage and Family Therapy Award from the Iowa Association for Marriage and Family Therapy in April, 2010.
In August, 2011, he posted for the first time his Thriving Couples Model on his website for the wider public to see. The Model is a way of
understanding marriage between a husband and a wife that helps couples
and therapists prioritize issues to help couples heal. Dr. Wall
developed The Model after listening to thousands of individuals and
couples describe their deepest concerns and hurts around what they
perceive a healthy marriage to be.
Bing and his wife, Mary Sue, have been married 38 years and have
three sons and a daughter, a daughter-in-law and two grandsons and one
granddaughter. He enjoys travel with his wife, especially with their new
travel trailer, reading and times with his family.
Check out Dr. Bing's most popular blog series: Living as Roommates.
Listen to Dr. Bing's Podcast: What If My Spouse Won't Go To Therapy?
Compare your marriage to this list of Signs Therapy Is Needed.
See his series of blogs on Healing From An Affair.
Dr. Bing has two offices: one for counseling in Ames, Iowa and one for counseling in the Des Moines area in Urbandale, Iowa. To set an appointment in Ames call: 515-233-8473 or 515-274-4242 for the Des Moines area in Urbandale.
The Urbandale office (2759 86th St., Executive Suites, #103) is just behind Panara Bread on 86th St., between Douglas and Hickman, in Executive Suites. Executive Suites is a store front that's been converted into professional office space and is located right between Solon Classique and Groucho's Bar.
The Ames office (319 Lincolnway) is just East of Starbucks on Lincolnway.
See Dr. Bing about:
- Marriage and relationship issues (marriage preparation, marriage preservation, divorce prevention, dating)
- If you are struggling in your cohabiting relationship and not quite sure what to do
- Personal development, career decisions, stress, purpose, spiritual concerns, midlife issues, single life concerns
- Relationship hurts such as affairs, domestic violence, abuse, loss of love, separation, conflict and withdrawal, not feeling compatible, thinking of divorce or going through a divorce
- Emotional concerns like depression, panic attacks, anxiety, bitterness, resentment
- Sexual compulsion and pornography, affection, sexuality and intimacy issues in marriage
- Parenting and step-family adjustment
Bing Wall ReachesDes Moines IAAmes IA