Dr. Bing Wall began Des Moines Counseling Center in Urbandale in 2000 and the Ames Counseling Center in Ames, Iowa in 1995 (formerly both known as Heart to Heart Communication, L.C.) with the goal of applying a strength and mentoring
approach to helping people in their relationships and their lives through individual and marriage therapy. He has a M.S. and Ph. D. at Iowa State University
in the area of Family Studies, Human Development and Marriage and
Family Therapy. Dr. Bing, a former pastor, has hundreds of blogs about couple relationships on his website www.thrivingcouples.com.
In 2017 his son, Brandon Wall, opened another branch office Cedar Rapids Counseling Center in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Brandon and his colleague, Lynn Conner, see teens, adults and couples.
Carol Caskey joined our Ames practice in 2000 and trained with Dr. Bing in couple and individual work. In 2019, Andy Bradley, a retire vet, joined our practice in Ames. He sees teens in addition to couples and adults. We moved to a larger, remodeled office in our same building in March, 2019.
Dr. Bing's expertise is in couples and relationship issues. He is a licensed
Marriage and Family Therapist in the State of Iowa, and a Clinical
Member and Approved Supervisor of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy.
Bing and his wife, Mary Sue, have been married over 40 years and have
three sons and a daughter, a daughter-in-law and three grandsons and two
granddaughters. He enjoys travel with his wife, especially with their travel trailer, motorcycling, piano, reading and times with his family.
Check out Dr. Bing's most popular blog series: Living as Roommates.
Listen to Dr. Bing's Podcast: What If My Spouse Won't Go To Therapy?
Compare your marriage to this list of Signs Therapy Is Needed.
See his series of blogs on Healing From An Affair.
The Urbandale office (2759 86th St., Executive Suites, #103) is just behind Panera Bread on 86th St., between Douglas and Hickman, in Executive Suites. Executive Suites is a store front that's been converted into professional office space just to the south of Groucho's Bar.
The Ames office (319 Lincolnway) is just East of Starbucks on Lincolnway.
The Cedar Rapids office is at 5270 North Park Place NE, Cedar Rapids, 52402.
See Dr. Bing about:
- Marriage and relationship issues (marriage preparation, marriage preservation, divorce prevention, dating)
- If you are struggling in your cohabiting relationship and not quite sure what to do
- Personal development, career decisions, stress, purpose, spiritual concerns, midlife issues, single life concerns
- Relationship hurts such as affairs, domestic violence, abuse, loss of love, separation, conflict and withdrawal, not feeling compatible, thinking of divorce or going through a divorce
- Emotional concerns like depression, panic attacks, anxiety, bitterness, resentment
- Sexual compulsion and pornography, affection, sexuality and intimacy issues in marriage
- Parenting and step-family adjustment
Bing Wall ReachesDes Moines IAAmes IA