* DUE TO COVID-19, I AM CURRENTLY ACCEPTING CLIENTS FOR ONLINE SESSIONS*
* I OFFER WEEKEND AND EVENING SESSIONS and a NO CHARGE CONSULTATION*
Welcome to Maxfield Counselling & Psychotherapy Services!
I work regularly with clients dealing with:
- anger management
- relationship issues
- men’s issues
- career and workplace issues
- stress and crisis management
- shyness/lack of confidence/social anxiety
- life transition
- family of origin issues/healing childhood trauma
- personal growth, wellbeing
- feeling stuck
- life dissatisfaction
My approach is focused on helping clients make lasting change. In our work together, we’ll figure out the “root cause” of why things are the way that they are in your life. I’ll help you gain insight into your behavior and thoughts. I’ll help you see things clearly.
We'll put together strategies that will support you to take action. Well develop a process that will help you to implement what we talk about in your sessions.
I use a processed, evidence-based approach. We’ll work together to find the therapeutic approach that works best for you. I have clinical experience and training in many modalities of psychotherapy including: DBT, CBT, Gestalt, Internal Family Systems and Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction.
Whatever you’re dealing with, change is possible. You can become more confident, more compassionate, more calm and more courageous. You can move forward and believe in yourself.
The following are some of the benefits you may experience from our work together:
- greater sense of self
- increased mindfulness
- decreased reactivity
- increased self-compassion
- greater sense of life satisfaction
- healthier relationships with others and yourself
- learning of problem solving strategies
- renewed sense of purpose and meaning
- greater understanding & insight of yourself and others
- learning of skills to manage anxiety and depression
- reduced shame, self-blame and worry
- strategies to create ongoing, sustained change
- the healing of emotional pain from relationships and your past
- greater awareness of your needs
- greater spontaneity
- increased sense of perspective
- skills to develop and maintain healthy boundaries
- increased sense of well-being
- greater body awareness
- strategies of how bring joy and celebration into your life
- learning of skills to manage conflicts in a healthy way
- increased confidence and greater self esteem
- increased acceptance of yourself & your past
- greater communication skills
In my experience, it's very difficult to make significant change by "going it alone". I encourage you to reach out to me and take that first step.
I understand that you have a busy life and I want to make this workable for you. I offer evening and weekend appointments. My online sessions are held using a secured video platform. Getting started is easy. E-mail or call me today to set up your no charge Consultation.
Maxfield Counselling & Therapy Services
Craig Maxfield, RP
Member of CRPO # 007901
Craig Maxfield ReachesMississauga ON