I help people regain motivation and learn how to balance the demands of life, love and work so they can have healthier relationships with themselves and others.
I work with adults, parents, teens, and young adults and my goals are to create an environment that facilitates transformation. I can help you to find out what you really want, how to take the right action, how to notice what's working or not working and how to change your approach until you achieve your goals.
I provide a safe and non-judgmental environment for you to explore behaviours, relationships, feelings, or thoughts that trouble you and cause difficulty in your life. I offer objective and honest feedback with a highly intuitive and insightful approach, and work with and alongside you in your steps toward growth and wellness.
I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) with the British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellor. I hold a Master of Arts degree in Counselling Psychology from the Adler School of Professional Psychology and a Bachelor of Arts in Child and Youth Care from the University of Victoria. My practice is located in the city of Burnaby. I have over 30 years working as a full-time therapist supporting teens, couples, and families in hospital and mental health settings, school-based programs, and non-profit agencies. Behavioural difficulties, grief and loss, major life stressors, mental health challenges, in particular, depression and anxiety, have all been at the core of my work.
I CAN HELP YOU:
• Overcome anxiety and depression
• Have healthier relationships
• Improve communication skills
• Reduce stress in your life
• Explore identity and gender
• Work through grief and loss
• Increase self-esteem
• Get a handle on work/life balance
• Parenting issues
• Adolescent issues
• Empower women who do too much (“disease to please”)
WORKING TOGETHER, YOU WILL DISCOVER HOW TO:
• Reach new goals or conquer old ones that continue to trip you up
• Have strong and healthy relationships
• Learn healthy ways to cope with life’s challenges
• Turn pain into strength and wisdom
• Live an extraordinary life on your own terms!
APPROACHES I USE TO HELP:
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Communications Skills Training
Solution Focused Therapy
$150 per 50-minute session for Individuals
$220 per 80-minute session Individual or Family
I provide a receipt for you to submit to your insurance company.
Burnaby, BC, Canada
• Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology
• Bachelor of Arts
• Coaching Training Intensive Program
• Gottman Method Couples Therapy, Levels 1 & 2
• Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Anxiety
• Dialect Behavioural Therapy
• Mediation Skills for Families
• Mental Illness & Developmental Disabilities
• Early Psychosis Provincial Training
I am passionate about my work and I approach every session with enthusiasm, commitment and integrity. I'm committed to helping you become aware of the unlimited possibilities in your life and my goal is to motivate you to take actions; actions that lead to positive life-changing experiences.