I hold a Master’s degree in Social Work and is registered with the Alberta College of Social Workers. I specialize in individual/couples and family counselling, a Certified Meditation Instructor, and holds certification in Adult Education.
My main practice is working with individuals, couples, co-parenting, blended families, parenting issues, stress/anxiety and healing from trauma.
I prefer to get to root causes of situations, this means couples and individuals can expect sessions to move quickly without the need for lengthy therapy. Depending on the situation, some clients only require 3-4 sessions.
One of my favourite quotes is by Dr. Gabor Mate; "Get curious about your reactions". I like this because when we are uncomfortable, there is a teacher in the room. We tend to avoid those uncomfortable feelings, I propose we get more curious about them and I can show you how.
Benefits of working with Donna:
- Understanding what it means to be fully human
- Navigating life’s challenges and understanding how to learn from those challenges
- Learning to maintain boundaries
- Quickly move through counselling without lengthy treatment
- Getting to root causes of issues and moving forward versus remaining stuck
- Greater peace in your life
- Ability to realize priorities and align with your purpose
- Becoming whole through integration between mind/body
- In memory of her father, tradesperson’s receive discounted price
- Two of the main challenges for couples and individuals accessing therapy is fear (fear of judgement, vulnerability, etc etc) and cost. She will address both of those to ensure you can safely access help without fear of financial hardship
Donna Murphy ReachesCalgary AB