ABOUT DR. JEANTY:
I am a Licensed Mental Health Counselor and Marriage & Family Therapist. I've had the opportunity to work for a variety of mental health organizations, hospitals, and private practice groups. Additionally, I’ve held several positions in community mental health agencies. In 2008, I was the program director of the Florida Assertive Community Treatment program in Miami Gardens. Prior to working in community mental health, I worked as a hospital and hospice chaplain, 1991-2003. Combined my experience in the behavioral healthcare field is more than 25 years. I am a practicing psychotherapist in Davie, FL. My aim is simple: Meet people where they are empathically.
Are you feeling:
- Emotionally disconnected
- Stuck rather than in love
- Plagued by the same issues
- Concern the children are being affected
Dr Jeanty helps couples with:
- Communication, so you feel truly heard
- Finding solutions, so you can move on more quickly
- Building trust, so you can feel more secure
- Removing harmful patterns of behavior, so intimacy can flourish
- Letting go of the past, so healing can take place
"There is a significant difference between being together and feeling STUCK together. Whether you are married or dating, our goal is simple: We create an environment where each person feels comfortable and understood as we determine the best options to resolve conflicts & restore intimacy." Dr. Guy Jeanty.
TRUE ESSENCE OF A RELATIONSHIP:
The essence of being a happy couple is to truly uplift each other. Your relationship must come first. How does a couple stay in love? How are the differences in opinion and behavior resolved? How can a deeper, richer relationship that includes romance be maintained? We explore the ups and downs of a relationship. We help you cut the weeds and water the roses.
Relationships do not happen naturally, relationship is as life, we must work on them. Neglect the relationship, and it will often go downhill. We work together to integrate your differences, focus on the positive aspects and find an appreciation for those exact things that attracted you to your partner at the beginning.
We find ways to enrich your relationship in a safe and respectful environment. We help couples to pause for a moment and think about what it really means when you say “I love you”.
- Ph.D. in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Nova Southeastern University
- Th.M. in Pastoral Counseling
- Dallas Theological Seminary
- Florida Supreme Court Family Mediator
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Substance Abuse Professional
- Board Certified Professional Counselor
- Qualified Supervisor for MH and MF Interns
- Jeanty, G. (2015). Why Does My Child “Lie”? www.drjeanty.com.
- Jeanty, G. (2014). I Love You but I’m Not “IN” Love with You. www.drjeanty.com.
- Jeanty, G. C., & Hibel, J. (2013). Adult family care homes: A surrogate “family” for older adults. Annals of the American Psychotherapy Association.
- Jeanty, G. (2011). Beware of Your Child’s Labels. Westside Gazette Newspaper.
- Jeanty, G. C. & Hibel, J. (2011). Mixed methods research of adult family care home residents and caregivers. The Qualitative Report.
- Jeanty, G. C. (2006). Change: A Key to Spiritual Development. Prohealth,2(7).
- Jeanty, G. C. (2005). Getting Your House in Order. Prohealth 4(3).
- Jeanty, G. C. (2001). Not Now. PYSCH DISCOURSE, 32(11), 16
Dr. Guy Jeanty ReachesDavie FL