The first step in choosing to talk to a counsellor about your difficulties takes courage. I look forward to talking to you about how you can make the changes you want to make for personal growth, better relationships and restored hope through short term counselling.
My background of working with people who experience mental health challenges, family crisis, personal difficulties and changing family dynamics through adoption, leads me to have a passion for teaching and guiding people as they adjust to life situations and make the changes they choose to make.
Let me help you with:
· Self Esteem
· Adoption Adjustments
· Understanding Loss
Benefits of Therapy
· Learn how to make better choices for yourself to allow for personal growth and renewed hope.
· Gain knowledge and tools to deal with your personal anxiety or depression
· Build healthy attachment in relationships whether your family is built by marriage, birth, or adoption. It is never too late!
· Learn how to communicate effectively as an important part of maintaining a healthy relationship.
· Experience success as you experiment with the changes you are motivated to make.
Therapy for You
· Counselling to help you through your current crisis in a safe environment.
· Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
· Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
· Emotionally Focused Family Therapy (EFFT)
· Attachment Therapy
Qualifications and Affiliations
· Master of Social Work (MSW)
· Registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW)
· Member of Ontario Association of Social Workers – Niagara OASW
· Bachelor of Arts - Child Studies with distinction
· Certificate of Social Services
· Ongoing training and workshops
· Over 35 years experience working with families and children
· Practical insight and interactions
· Extensive training related to Attachment, Trauma, Relationships, Depression, Anxiety, Stress, Self Esteem,
· Extensive training in adoption related matters including trauma and attachment helps me to be a strong support for adoptive families.
· I tend to work from a respectful strength-based approach in interaction with clients based on their stated needs and wishes.
· 128 Lake Street, St Catharines, ON L2R 5Y1
· Red brick office has free parking behind
· Bus stop on Lake Street near office
· $120.00 per hour to be paid at the end of each 50 minute session.
· Payment can be made by cash, cheque, e-transfer or Visa/Mastercard
· You may be reimbursed by your Insurance Benefit Plan if you have such coverage
· You may have coverage through your Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)