Jennifer Mansell MSW Therapist and Registered Social Worker
I am a Therapist and Registered Social Worker with the British Columbia College of Social Workers. I have extensive clinical experience working with families, couples and individuals. I am passionate about working with the parents and adolescents, new mothers and couples in conflict. I use a therapeutic approach that draws from attachment theory, Hakomi therapy (mindfulness-based, body-integrated therapy), narrative therapy and family systems.
I use a mindfulness-based, experiential approach. I believe strongly that you possess the ability to heal. My responsibility as the therapist is to create the container in which healing takes place. My goal is to create a safe and comfortable environment where you can begin to become aware of coping strategies that don't work for you and move into a more conscious way of being.
Some of the benefits of counselling include:
- enhanced communication skills
- increased awareness of problematic coping skills (i.e. self harm, negative thought patterns, substance abuse)
- increased ability to choose healthy coping strategies
- increased sense of well-being and balance
- more authentic, honest relationships
- more empowered sense of self
- increased ability to stay present with loved ones
- decreased conflict and increased harmony in family relationships
Jennifer Mansell ReachesComox BC