GROW THRIVE RECOVER
Talking about life circumstances in a nurturing environment with someone who is willing to listen non-judgmentally can help you get grounded, open up, gain clarity, and find a brighter perspective on your life. I provide a safe place where you can reflect on your situation with openness and curiosity in order to address things in a way that makes sense to you. I bring 20 years’ clinical experience supporting and counselling clients with-in health-care, mental health, and substance use settings.
I understand how challenging life can seem at times and I have extensive experience working with clients who may feel like life is no longer worth living. Allow me the honor of assisting you in taking positive steps towards healing, personal growth, and recovery.
If you do not feel comfortable with me or I’m not the best professional to meet your need’s I’d be happy to refer you to more suitable resources.
I am passionate about helping people move towards a more meaningful and enjoyable life. I bring a respectful and positive attitude to our sessions and greatly respect the courage it takes to reach out for help. I truly believe in the resiliency of the human spirit. I know every person has the capacity to heal and grow no matter how bad things have gotten. It is my desire to provide a safe and comfortable space where you are free to explore your situation, overcome challenges, and realize your full potential.
I graduated with honors from the University of Victoria with a BSW. I have a Masters of Social Work from Dalhousie University [MSW]. I have an Honors Certificate in Counselling from VCC and an Honors Associates Degree from Kwantlen University College. I believe strongly in continued professional development and learning new skills so I have earned many other certificates in various models of counselling and healing.
I am registered with the BC College of Social Workers [RSW] which is the professional body that regulates my profession. I am also a member of the BC Association of Social Workers. I was also an active member of Richmond Hospital Ethics Committee until I moved to Kelowna.
What Clients Say About Me
I connect well with those I meet because I am authentic and approachable. My clients tell me how they appreciate leaving my office feeling heard, understood, respected, empowered, and hopeful. Most importantly they feel relieved because they have acquired new tools that help them live a more balanced and fulfilling life.
My Therapeutic Counselling Approach Is
· Collaborative – I value your wisdom and life experience and work in partnership with you to increase awareness of your inner and outer strengths and resources. I gently guide you to learn new tools for coping, relaxing, and problem solving.
· Compassionate - I provide validation and gentle support while helping you alter old patterns, negative thoughts, and core beliefs that no longer serve you.
· Grounded in respect for who you are as an individual - Taking into consideration that people are all unique and have various ways of processing their experiences I tailor each counselling session to your particular style of interacting and learning.
· Focused on achieving the therapy goals that are a priority for you - This is your time so let’s achieve what is important to you not someone else.
Frame Work and Counselling Modalities
I often utilize a bio-psycho-social-spiritual framework which means I explore your problems from a holistic perspective.
I draw from a number of counselling modalities including but not limited to the following:
· Cognitive Behavioral Therapy [CBT]
· Brief, Solution Focused Therapy
· Mindfulness and Relaxation Therapy
· Dialectical Behavioral Therapy [DBT] for Emotional Regulation
· Family Systems Therapy
· Strengths Based Counselling
The best way out is always through.