It’s all about balance; I strive to create a healthy interplay between depth work (“lets explore your feelings and figure out where they come from”) and concrete interventions (“that hasn’t been working, lets try this instead”).
I Help Couples with:
- Improving communication
- Conflict management and resolution
- Sexless marriage / Sexless relationship
- Feeling stuck / lack of progress in the relationship
- Getting ready for children
- Infidelity and issues with trust
- Emotional Affairs
- Male and Female Sexual and Gender Issues
- Discrepancy in libido (one partner wants more sex than the other and it is causing lots of hurt feelings and issues in your relationship)
- Male and female sexual pain
- Anorgasmia or difficulty achieving arousal and/or orgasm
- Diminished sex drive
- Opening up relationship
- Relationship and Sexual enhancement
Are you a couple that is feeling contemptuous and stuck in a downward spiral of negativity (do you want to kill each other)?
I apply research-based therapeutic and psycho-educational methods to help couples get “unstuck” and guide them to build healthy and functional relationships. I get couples to “put it all out there in the open” and help them talk through the feelings of frustration and pain that keep them stuck in a dysfunctional relationship pattern. I also teach them techniques that foster intimate connections, fond feelings, and positive interactions. This type of therapy is not a Band-Aid solution to stop you from fighting for a few weeks; it is an approach that helps couples learn skills that improve their relationship for the long haul.
Have you let your anxieties and feelings of sadness overrun your life and destroy your relationships with loved ones?
Using mindfulness based cognitive behavioral therapy, I help individuals and couples build awareness, understanding, and empathy into their lives. I help clients gain insight into their own process and how it affects their relationships. This is done by guiding them to see not only their shortcoming but also the strengths and courage they innately posses (but sometimes forget about…we all need that reminder!). I incorporate concrete interventions and “homework” into my work so that clients can bring the things they learn in session home to help empower themselves and their relationships one assignment at a time.
What to expect:
I strive to create a warm, calm, judgment-free, and nurturing atmosphere where you feel safe to be authentic and share your story. Yes, we will work through your challenges and traumas and fears, but we will also highlight your strengths and celebrate your successes. You will cry, you will laugh, and you will have ah-ha moments that will help guide you to reaching your goals. When working with me expect to look inside yourself, be open to learning new skills, and be ready to try some breathing exercises.
- New York State Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, June 2012.
- Clinical Supervisor and co-founder of Nassau Wellness.
- Master of Arts degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from Hofstra University, Graduated with Distinction.
- Bachelor of Science in Life Science and Psychology from the University of British Columbia.
- Extensive Sex Therapy training through American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors, and Therapists.
- Clinical Fellow of American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists.
Take A Peek Inside My Office
Still not sure?
Contact me to schedule a
free 15 minute phone consultation
Call/Text: (516) 874-4886