B.Ed., B.S.PE., M.S., R.T.C., M.T.C.
- Are you feeling lonely and misunderstood?
- Do you feel like you have no one to talk to?
- Are you feeling anxious, have a hard time trusting others, or generally feeling hurt?
- Does your life seem out of control?
There is hope!
- You can feel connected and empowered.
- You can release distress and find enjoyment.
- You can learn strategies that put you in the driver’s seat in your life.
The joy, peace, intimacy, passion, and commitment that you want in your life is already within your reach when you take this first step of seeking counselling. I will help you access your own (often hidden) strengths to promote healing and transformation in your journey towards wholeness, authenticity, and genuine positive relationships.
I will walk collaboratively with you on your journey of discovery and change, empowering you to transform your life challenges into opportunities. My aim is to be sensitive to your needs and goals. I will help you learn to manage your emotions, so that you can regain a sense of control in your life.
Therapy is an investment in yourself. It is a place to gain perspective, clarity and peace of mind. As a counsellor, my aim is to help you become free from recurring patterns that are holding you back. It is time to develop the inner resilience that will help you withstand any emotional distress.
I meet you where you are with a non-judgmental approach and will help you understand how your feelings, actions and reactions make sense given your past and your current life situation.
Clients tell me they appreciate my down to earth, practical approach.
Primary Therapeutic Approaches
As a registered therapeutic counsellor, I use a collaborative approach to help you meet your goal for therapy. I draw on a variety of therapeutic approaches, trainings, and life experiences. Some of the approaches that I use include:
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). The most widely researched and accepted therapy. Therapy may include relaxation skills, thought stopping and thought challenging strategies, appropriate goal setting and scheduling, self-esteem building exercises, and assertiveness skills
Dialectic Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
. Therapy which provides clients with new skills to manage painful emotions and decrease conflict in relationships
Gottman Marital Therapy
. Widely researched and used therapy for couples
Solution Focused Therapy
. Exploring and magnifying your inner strengths and resources
. Inner awareness of thoughts, emotions, sensations, and urges in an accepting, non-reactive manner in order to gain greater insight
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
. Awareness of unhelpful thinking patterns, defusing unhelpful thoughts, and focusing on meaningful goals in life
Schedule an Appointment
At Bridge Counseling, we specialize in connecting you to your potential, allowing you to consciously design your best life. Our team brings the expertise to facilitate both the healing of counselling and results-oriented coaching to provide support for the educational and personal development of individuals, couples and families within the community. The best gift you could give yourself is the time to reflect and gain the clarity, skills and motivation needed to DESIGN the future you truly deserve!
- Relationship and Sexual
provide professional, confidential and respectful therapy. We help you
connect to your potential. Whether you want to improve your
relationship with yourself, your spouse, your family or your
co-workers; we build on your strengths and help you resolve issues that
are keeping you stuck.
Sexual intimacy is a natural and
important aspect of marriage. We help you deal with intimacy issues in
a sensitive and respectful manner.
Feedback Improved Therapy (FIT) can improve the effectiveness of therapy by 120%. We use FIT to help ensure our clients receive the help they need. READ MORE
Counseling’s coaching philosophy assumes that you already have within
yourself the answers to the issues in your life. We coach you to
achieve success, fulfillment, and balance in your relationships with
loved ones, with friends and associates and with your self. We help you
to accomplish the following:
- Acknowledge and accept issues and problems you need to resolve
- Break through self-deception causing you to blame others and remain stuck
- Recognize fears blocking you from reaching your potential and living your dreams
- Learn how to be mindful and understand how your negative thoughts and self-limiting beliefs keep you stuck
- Brainstorm and reflect on different perspectives to overcome blocks and work towards change
- Accept absolute personal responsibility for your thoughts, feelings, words and behaviors
- Begin to live consciously by becoming present, positive focused, giving, forgiving and expressing gratitude
- Identify and honor your core values and beliefs and live your life with a peaceful soul
- Create a dynamic vision of the future to guide you as you reach for your potential
- Develop a plan with specific goals and a system of personal accountability
- Make an unconditional commitment to live each day with intention in order to move forward and create the life you will love
Marriage preparation education created and facilitated by professional counsellors and is accepted by most
churches as a prerequisite for marriage. Fun, interactive course taught
by professional counselors. Participate to your comfort level. Learn
and practice skills that will enhance your marriage. Certificate of
Click Here for More Information or to Register for Marriage Preparation
Milton Derry ReachesSaskatoon SK