Are you as fulfilled by your relationships as you deserve to be? The quality of your relationships influences your mental health and your mental health affects your relationships. But healthy relationships require skill, and without maintenance even innocuous issues can deteriorate into serious conflicts, including resentment, criticism, defensiveness, stonewalling, and distrust. By examining your life and relationships with a counselor you can determine your future, avoid potential problems, and increase your capacity for success and happiness.
I'm available for counseling and personal consulting to manage crises, assess personal and professional functioning, clarify goals, and strengthen social and emotional skills. I specialize in solutions-focused online relationship counseling. Online counseling allows me to be accessible whenever and wherever it’s convenient for you, and you can continue to see me wherever your life takes you.
I provide individual, couple, and alternative relationship counseling to LGBTQ and hetero clients. Clients explore issues that impact their professional and personal relationships—including communication, power dynamics, and intimacy—as well issues that affect their individual functioning—anxiety, grief, depression, narcissism, and trauma. I work predominately with clinicians, service members, lawyers, police, techies, scientists, academics, and other professionals.
- Service Members
- Couples and alternative relationship counseling
- Tinnitus treatment
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Asperger's / spectrum disorder
- Depression, anxiety, adjustment, and trauma disorders
- Grief, crisis management, emotional regulation
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Communication that's confidential and encrypted
- Receive counseling when it is convenient to your schedule
- See your counselor from the comfort of your own space instead of having to trek to an office
- Keep the same counselor wherever you go. Avoid having to retell your story to a new counselor just because you moved to another region.
- Online counseling is more efficient: the more comfortable you are in your environment, the easier it is to open up to a counselor and the more capable you are of doing the challenging work of psychotherapy.
Payment: I accept US$ and all cryptocurrencies (including bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin, and ethereum).
I have a Master's in Clinical Psychology from Lewis & Clark College and a Bachelor's in Psychology from the University of Toronto.
I have years of experience practicing in community mental health clinics, working predominately with veterans, Native Americans, and homeless and adjudicated youth. I transitioned to private practice so I could effectively utilize the latest developments in research and technology to help my clients more effectively.
I also contribute to the field through research, psychometric tool development, consulting, and peer-review. I have provided psychological consultation for several mental healthcare startups. My previous research was on the development of innovative measurements for fine motor skills, and my current research focuses on the treatment of tinnitus using mobile medical device apps.
Philip Kolba ReachesNew York City NYWashington DC
Clients throughout California
Clients throughout Texas
Clients throughout New Jersey
Clients throughout Maryland
Clients throughout New York