Ryan specializes in working with couples, whether married or dating, and adult individuals facing challenges including:
• Addictions (Alcohol, Drugs, Porn, Internet, Gambling)
• Disrespect including Contempt, Criticism, Defensiveness, and Stonewalling
• Childhood Trauma
• Generalized & Social Anxiety
• Life Stage Changes
Regardless of the issue, if your relationship has deteriorated to the point where one or both of you is ready to jump ship, call me first. Chances are good that without addressing issues today, you may very well find yourself facing the same issues in your next relationship. Let’s work on this now, before you potentially throw away a salvageable situation.
Ryan loves helping couples in counseling through focusing on the ineffective behavior patterns between partners without blaming either one for being a bad person. We are all good people in our hearts. Unfortunately, sometimes parents raise children in ways that teach them very ineffective patterns of behavior that stick with them into adulthood, destroying relationships, friendships, careers, and one’s sense of self. It’s very painful, and it’s not your fault. The good news is that there is a way out of this pain! I can help you through to freedom from pain. You have the capability – we all do – you just need someone to help show you the way. I am your guide.
• Gottman Method (Level 2 trained) – one of the most effective, simple to follow couples therapies, which also happens to be heavily supported by 35+ years of solid scientific research.
Effective for treating couples with:
· Frequent conflict and arguments
· Poor communication
· Emotional distancing, on the verge of separation
· Specific problems such as sexual difficulties, infidelity, money, and parenting
The Gottman Sound Relationship House is the basic framework of this couples therapy. I use the Gottman Relationship Checkup as part of my assessment process. It is one of the best tools out there to discover underlying issues in relationships causing distress. It allows me to provide you a no-brainer roadmap to improving your relationship.
• Relational Life Therapy (Terry Real) – RLT is a relationship therapy method for addressing difficult to reach partners and personality disorders in relationships. It is a very direct approach, with a supportive framework for healing people with traumatic histories.
• Psychodynamic – looking at your past is helpful at discovering the source of your present motivations, thoughts, and behaviors.
• Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy - the evidence-based method for improving thought, behavior, and emotion patterns in individuals suffering from depression, generalized anxiety, social anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and more. This ABC model works by identifying Activating events that provoke automatic thoughts which cause people to jump to automatic behaviors usually resulting in negative Consequences. The problem is that this process happens so quickly that the person’s underlying Beliefs about the situation are not reviewed for rationality.
• Registered Associate MFT, Lic.# IMF96886 (Supervised by Suzy Lee, LMFT Lic.# 52675)
• Member of California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
• BS in Business Management/Marketing from San Jose State University
• MA in Counseling Psychology from Brandman University
• Gottman Method Level 2-Trained - focus is helping couples live the types of relationships we all really dream of living, where both partners feel truly fulfilled, connected, and alive.
• EMDR-Trained – an evidence-based trauma therapy using bilateral stimulation to reduce reactivity to traumas held in memory,
• $90 per 50-min session for Individuals
• $90 per 75-min session for Couples
• Sliding scale available for individual sessions for individuals making less than $4,000/month (gross)
• Cash, Check, or Credit/Debit Card at the time of service.
• I do not accept insurance.
• I can provide a Super Bill each month that you can turn into your insurance to claim out of network service; however, be advised that some insurance carriers do not cover services provided by Registered Associate MFTs (such as myself).
• The Place Within in Folsom, 530 Plaza Drive, Suite 130, Folsom, CA 95630
• Website: RyanChambersMFT.com
• Phone: 650-996-6005 mobile/text
• I serve the Folsom, El Dorado Hills, Granite Bay, Fair Oaks, Gold River, and greater Sacramento areas.