Coming to counseling can
be a scary step to take. Sofie Brodsky acknowledges this and strives to create
a warm environment where she can come alongside you in your struggles. She
believes in being a helping hand to her clients to make the changes they wish
to see in their life. Using warmth and gentle humor, Sofie makes the counseling
experience both enjoyable and successful.
Sofie’s primary approach to therapy is to come alongside someone as they go through their journey of life. She incorporates humor and empathy in her sessions. Sofie places an emphasis on individual strengths in all of her interactions, both in and out of therapy. Her clinical training and education consisted of utilizing perspective, and person-centered techniques. Clients who need time to simply ‘be’ in their pain are provided with active listening and a warm presence from Sofie. When clients need a more directive approach, Sofie provides tools and skills to assist them during emotional crises. At the end of the day, Sofie views sessions as simply an open conversation between two individuals.
Clients find that Sofie is equal parts genuine, accepting, and understanding. Sofie truly believes that it is an honor to help people when they are in their darkest place, and walk alongside them through their darkest times and into the light.
At Foundations Counseling, Sofie Brodsky works with a variety of clients who seek services including:
- Mental Health and Wellness Counseling – depression, anxiety, holistic health, self-esteem, spirituality, boundaries, art therapy, self-care, body image issues, grief and loss
- Children, Adolescents, and Teen Counseling – depression, anxiety, suicidal-ideation, self-harm, empowerment, body image issues, self esteem, school and family issues, creative therapies including art, movement, and play therapy, social and relationship problems, grief and loss
- Marriage and Family Counseling – couples counseling, parenting, family therapy, pre-marital/marital, adoption, communication, conflict resolution
- Life Transitions – life stages, spirituality, end-of-life and grief issues, geographical transition, new parents, career counseling, restoring meaning to life
- Growth Oriented Counseling – burnout and lack of motivation, individual development, goal setting
Sofie Brodsky has a Master of Arts Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Colorado State University, and has a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Biology from the University of California, Santa Cruz. She utilizes techniques from Person–Centered Therapy, Adlerian Therapy, Narrative Therapy, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). Sofie has worked with multiple community organizations including Summit Stone Health Partners and the SNAPP for Girls empowerment non-profit.
Sofie Brodsky ReachesLoveland COFort Collins COWindsor COGreeley COEstes Park COBerthoud COJohnstown COFirestone COFrederick COEvans COWellington COMilliken COLivermore COLaport COEaton COLaSalle COMead COPlatteville COHygiene COMasonville COSeverance COTimnath CO