* Now offering direct billing through Blue Cross and Alberta School Employee Benefit Plan*
*Outside of Medicine Hat? Skype services available.*
Stacey Steele MACP is a Registered Provisional Psychologist offering confidential counselling services to individuals, families, and couples seeking guidance with improving the quality of their lives and relationships.Stacey works with individuals to feel better about themselves, accept their situation, and make healthy and positive choices.
Stacey Steele Counselling Medicine Hat, AB
Individual, Couple, & Group Counselling August 2014- Present
· Registered Provisional Psychologist providing psychotherapy in a private practice setting
Southeast Alberta Sexual Assault Response Committee Medicine Hat, AB
Contract Trauma Therapist March 2016- Present
· Provide trauma therapy to adults and adolescence who have been impacted by sexual assault, abuse, and harassment.
Alberta Health Services Medicine Hat, AB
Mental Health Therapist t April 2016 – present
· Provide assessment, diagnosis, and treatment planning for adults with moderate to severe mental illness.
· Participate and facilitate case consultation with peers and other professionals.
· Develop and lead workshops to the community on topics related to mental health and wellness.
· Facilitate groups such as Dialectical Behavior Therapy and psycho-educational groups.
Alberta Health Services Brooks, AB
Mental Health Therapist Assistant November 2015 – March 2016
· Provide outreach support to service participants and client of Alberta Health Services.
· Plan and program recreation group programming; deliver and facilitate mental health and wellness groups.
Medicine Hat Family Service Medicine Hat, AB
Group Counselling Facilitator September 2014- December 2015
· Co-Facilitate the Courage to Change program for women experiencing, or who have experienced family violence.
Medicine Hat Women’s Shelter Society Medicine Hat, AB
Counsellor (Practicum) May 2015 to December 2015
· Provide mental health, crisis, and other counselling to current and past clients of the Medicine Hat Women’s Shelter
Medicine Hat Community Housing Society Medicine Hat, AB
Outreach Worker January 2013 to December 2014
Homelessness Initiatives Coordinator
· Interview and assess participant's suitability for Housing Outreach programs
· Program planning and coordination and community capacity building
· Coordinate and implement community events with members of the public and stakeholders
West Central Crisis & Family Support Centre Inc. Kindersley, SK
Adult and Family Counsellor October 2010 to December 2012
Family Support Program Coordinator October 2011 to December 2012
- Counselling and case management for individuals, families, and couples using eclectic approach determined by client need; provide crisis intervention as necessary.
- Develop programming and facilitate groups including Domestic Violence programming for women.
- Lead team of Family Support Workers including training, hiring, and human resource management; ensure reporting meets professional standards.
Advanced Education Employment and Labour Kindersley, SK
Canada- Saskatchewan Career & Employment Services
Career and Employment Consultant April, 2008 to March, 2011
· Conduct individual career planning to determine appropriate education; training and employment goals.
· Develop, implement, monitor, and audit contracts with employers and clients that offer financial assistance for training, wage subsidy, and employment supports
Work with Community Based Organizations and Regional Colleges in the development and implementation of programs and contract management.
Yorkville University Fredericton, NB
Masters Of Arts in Counselling Psychology 2013-2015
Alberta Arbitration and Mediation Society Edmonton, AB
Divorce and Family Mediation- 40 hour 2011
Athabasca University Athabasca, AB
Bachelor of Arts- Psychology Major 2008
Registered Provisional Psychologist with the College of Alberta Psychologists since February 2016.
Trauma Focused CBT for Children 2016
Trauma Informed Care (T3 Training) 2014
Critical Time Intervention (T3 Training) 2014
Ethical Record Keeping and Consent 2013
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) 2013
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills (ASIST) 2016
First Aid CPR 2013
Leadership 360 2013
Mental Health First Aid 2013
California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists- Annual Conference 2012
Little Warriors-Stewards of Children Prevention Program 2012
Crucial Conversations- Vital Smarts 2009
Leadership Conference 2009: The Next Generation- University of Saskatchewan 2009
Module I Assessment Component of Employment Counseling-AEEL 2008
Module II Individual Employment Counseling-AEEL 2008
Module III- Employment Counseling Using a Group Facilitation Approach- AEEL 2008
Critical Incident Response Training- Crisis & Trauma Resource Institute 2009