Imagine a day when sugar, excessive food, alcohol, or any other addictive habit does not cross your mind the moment you awaken.
A day when you are eager to get up and face the world with energy and excitement for life. A day when you go about your routine with optimism and unexpected stress does not alter the course of your day. A day when stress is viewed as something that gives you strength and awareness, not something that drives you to addictive behaviors or bouts of anxiety.
With proper nutrition, lifestyle adjustments, and building more adaptive beliefs, this can be YOUR LIFE! This is not some pipe dream or only for certain "lucky" people, this is for YOU. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get you there—I only need you to meet me 1/2 way. You can do this and I am going to help you get there.
Who is Susan Yuen, MFT, CNS?
- As a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) and Certified Nutrition Specialist (CNS), I will be your guide to moving you toward empowered and healthy choices that drastically improve the quality of your life. I have spent over 20 years working with those who have had a variety of challenges ranging from trauma, addictions, anxiety, depression, to children who had both behavioral and academic challenges in a variety of settings including psychiatric hospitals, schools, non-profit agencies, and private practice. I have spent the past three years obtaining a Master's in Nutrition and Integrative Health and becoming certified as a CNS in order to provide a more holistic approach to treatment. Because our mind, bodies, and spirits are so greatly interconnected, I wanted to include the physical aspects of wellness in addition to the mind and spirit. How we treat our bodies and any core imbalances we may have can greatly impact our mood and ability to manage stress.
In addition to targeted nutrient therapy, I often utilize the following modalities:
- Eye Movement Desensitizaiton and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR- Certified) What is EMDR?
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) What is MBSR?
- Therapeutic Yoga- incorporate light yoga moves through sessions to shift energy and/or deescalate as necessary
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) What is CBT?
I specialize in helping people with overcoming the following issues:
- Anxiety- i.e. frequent insomnia, constant worry, headaches, digestive issues, heart palpitations for unexplained reasons, heavy feeling of overwhelm, etc.
- Addictions -i.e- any habit you have been trying to quit, but have yet to have found any long-term success
- Compulsive Overeating/Binge Eating- Often the drive to overeat is due both to physical and emotional issues. We will address both aspects in order to curb your appetite/cravings and develop a healthy relationship with food as a source of energy and life.
- Trauma/ Adverse Life Experiences- Often times when someone experiences some type of emotional injury in the past, it can affect our current lives. With the use of Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy, we can work on creating more adaptive views of prior life experiences that may be contributing to your blocking beliefs and relationship issues.
What can I expect from receiving services at NHT-NOURISH HEAL TRANSFORM with Susan Yuen, MFT, CNS?
- Increased energy
- Decreased worry
- A greater satisfaction with life free of ongoing shame/guilt
- Ability to not rely on addictions to escape, numb out, calm down, etc.
- Ability to use learned coping skills when life gets stressful
- Improved relationships
- Restful sleep
- Increased optimism about your future
- Inner calm
- Improved overall wellness
- Finally feeling like life is manageable
I have had my own personal struggles with both anxiety and addictive behaviors, so I know the struggle is very real. I also have found many healthy ways to no longer allow these issues to control my life. We can work together on creating a life of peace, security, and connection. You DESERVE better! Are you ready to join me on this journey to optimal wellness in one of my genuinely
holistic programs? I look forward to hearing from you soon!
NOURISH and HEAL your mind, body, and spirit... TRANSFORM your LIFE. NHT- Nourish Heal Transform
Go to www.nhtyuen.com to
learn more, phone or text me at 916-717-5871 , or email me at email@example.com. Together, we can do this!
725 30th StreetSuite 208 #8Sacramento, CA 95816
Susan Yuen ReachesSacramento CA