Teri Varcoe, MSW RSWCounsellor Journey Counselling I provide a genuine, non-judgemental space where you can tell your story, feel validated, identify and engage your strengths and come up with practical strategies to address what you are struggling with. I work within a framework that is holistic, strengths-based, solution-focused and trauma-informed. My approach varies depending on your unique needs and circumstances.
What is possible for you?
- Learn, Grow & Heal
- Embark on a journey toward self-compassion and self-acceptance - not "self-improvement"!
- Learn to identify and reframe inaccurate thought patterns applying cognitive behavioural therapy techniques
- Develop greater self-awareness and improve your relationship with yourself and as a result, improve relationships with others
- Gain insight and a new perspective about the issues you are facing
- Increase your knowledge and practice of effective coping strategies
I provide counselling in my home, which is accessible for those with mobility challenges, in the Cedar Hill area of Victoria, British Columbia. I am a counsellor, a Registered Social Worker with a Master of Social Work degree with eighteen years of experience working with adults experiencing a wide variety of challenges. There are many profound transitions we experience throughout life and we need not face them alone.
A significant aspect of my practice experience involves counselling individuals regarding relationships, anxiety, depression, self-esteem, stress management, grief and loss, professional and family caregiver burnout and burnout prevention, life transitions, disabilities including acquired brain injury, chronic health issues and terminal illness including, not limited, to dementia. I am a mom of young children, a spouse, daughter, friend, sister and granddaughter.
Areas of Experience & Interest:
- Stress Management
- Anxiety & Depression
- Grief & Loss
- Substance Use
- Relationships & Interpersonal Communication
- Family Caregiver Burden & Burnout Prevention
- Professional Caregiver Burden & Burnout Prevention
- Chronic Disease and Terminal Illness
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Dementia Care
BC Association of Social Workers - Member Number: 1001977
BC College of Social Workers - Registration Number: 11135
Individual 1 hour session: - $ 100.00
2 Individuals: 1 hour session - $ 140.00
- 24-hour cancellation notice is required prior to your scheduled appointment time or you will be billed for the missed session.
- For those with extended health benefits: contact your insurance provider to determine if counselling services with a Registered Social Worker are covered by your plan. The great news is more plans are covering Registered Social Workers.
- I do not bill insurance companies directly and will provide you with a receipt so you can request, if applicable, reimbursement from your insurance provider.
Teri Varcoe ReachesVictoria BCSaanich BC