Teri Varcoe, MSW RSW
Victoria, British Columbia
I provide a down-to-earth, non-judgemental space where you can tell your story, learn to identify and engage your strengths and come up with solutions. My approach varies depending on your unique needs and circumstances. I work within a framework that is holistic, practical, strengths-based, solution-focused and takes into account the complex world in which we live.
What is possible for you?
- Identify and use your strengths, discover options and resources to address what you're struggling with
- Embark on a journey of self-discovery, toward self-compassion and self-acceptance - not "self improvement"!
- Develop greater self-awareness and improve your relationship with yourself and others
- Gain insight and a new perspective about the issues you are facing
- Learn to identify and reframe inaccurate/distorted thought patterns and notice the positive impact this has on your feelings and behaviours and ultimately your relationships
- Become aware of strategies, tools and resources (information/education, community resources) to increase your knowledge, skills, and ability to face life and its challenges in the best way possible.
- Move beyond 'just coping' and take charge of your life!
I provide counselling in my home, accessible for those with mobility challenges, in the Cedar Hill area of Victoria, British Columbia. I am a counsellor, a Registered Social Worker with a Master of Social Work degree with over seventeen years of experience working with people experiencing a wide variety of challenges. There are many profound transitions we experience throughout life and we need not face them alone.
I am a mom of young children, a spouse, daughter, friend, sister and granddaughter. I enjoy working with adults of all ages. A significant aspect of my practice experience involves counselling individuals affected by a variety of issues including relationships, self-esteem, stress, grief and loss, life transitions, mental health issues, disabilities including acquired brain injury, chronic health issues and terminal illness including, not limited, to dementia. I have a special interest and vast knowledge and experience working with family caregivers.
I am Passionate and Knowledgeable about:
- Stress Management
- Anxiety & Depression
- Grief & Loss
- Relationships & Interpersonal Communication
- Family and Professional Caregiver Burden & Burnout Prevention
- Chronic Disease and Terminal Illness
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Dementia Care
BC Association of Social Workers - Member Number: 1001977
BC College of Social Workers July 8, 2013 - Registration Number: 11135
Individual 1 hour session: - $ 100.00
Couples and Siblings: 1 hour session - $ 140.00
- 24-hour cancellation notice is required prior to your scheduled appointment time or you will be billed for the missed session.
- For those with extended health benefits: contact your provider to determine if counselling services with a Registered Social Worker are covered by your plan. The great news is more plans are covering Registered Social Workers.
- I do not bill insurance companies directly and will provide you with a receipt so you can request, if applicable, reimbursement from your insurance provider.
Teri Varcoe ReachesVictoria BCSaanich BC