Teri Varcoe, MSW RSW
I provide a safe, non-judgemental space where you can tell your story and identify and engage your strengths and resources to address the challenges you are facing. Come away with practical strategies and a sense of relief recognizing that learning new ways to handle life's challenges is possible. I work within a framework that is holistic, strengths-based, solution-focused and trauma-informed. My approach varies depending on your unique needs and circumstances.
What is possible for you?
- Learn, Grow & Heal
- Embark on a journey toward self-compassion and self-acceptance - not "self-improvement"!
- Learn to identify and reframe inaccurate thought patterns applying cognitive behavioural therapy techniques
- Develop greater self-awareness and improve your relationship with yourself and as a result, improve relationships with others
- Gain insight and a new perspective about the issues you are facing
- Increase your knowledge and practice of evidenced based stress management skills
I provide counselling in my home, which is accessible for those with mobility challenges, in the Cedar Hill area of Victoria, British Columbia. I am a counsellor, a Registered Social Worker with a Master of Social Work degree with eighteen years of experience working with adults and families experiencing a wide variety of challenges. There are many profound transitions we experience throughout life and we need not face them alone.
A significant aspect of my practice experience involves counselling individuals regarding parenting, relationships, anxiety, depression, self-esteem, stress management, grief and loss, professional and family caregiver burnout and burnout prevention, life transitions, disabilities including acquired brain injury, chronic health issues and terminal illness including yet not limited to dementia.
Areas of Experience & Interest:
- Stress Management
- Anxiety & Depression
- Grief & Loss
- Substance Use
- Family Caregiver Burden & Burnout Prevention
- Professional Caregiver Burden & Burnout Prevention
- Chronic Disease
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Aging & End of Life Issues
- Dementia Care
BC Association of Social Workers - Member Number: 1001977
BC College of Social Workers - Registration Number: 11135
Individual: 1 hour session: - $ 100.00
2 Individuals: 1 hour session - $ 140.00
- 24-hour cancellation notice is required prior to your scheduled appointment time or you will be billed for the missed session.
- For those with extended health benefits: contact your insurance provider to determine if counselling services with a Registered Social Worker are covered by your plan. The great news is more plans are covering Registered Social Workers.
- I do not bill insurance companies directly and will provide you with a receipt so you can request, if applicable, reimbursement from your insurance provider.
Teri Varcoe ReachesVictoria BCSaanich BC