Teri Varcoe, MSW RSW
Victoria, British Columbia
I provide a down-to-earth, non-judgemental space where you can tell your story, learn to identify and engage your strengths and come up with solutions. My approach varies depending on your unique needs and circumstances. I work within a framework that is holistic, practical, strengths-based, and takes into account the complex world in which we live.
Possibilities for You:
- Identify and engage your strengths and resources (yes, you have them!)
- Develop greater self-awareness and improve your relationship with yourself and others
- Gain insight and a new perspective about the issues you are struggling with
- Learn to identify and reframe ‘unhealthy’/distorted thought patterns and notice the positive impact this has on your feelings and behaviours and ultimately your relationships
- Become aware of strategies, tools and resources (information/education, community resources) to increase your knowledge, skills, and ability to face life and its challenges in the best way possible
I provide counselling in my home, accessible for those with mobility challenges, in the Cedar Hill area of Victoria, British Columbia. I am a Registered Social Worker with a Master of Social Work degree with seventeen years of experience working with individuals, couples and families experiencing a wide variety of challenges. There are many profound transitions we experience throughout life and we need not face them alone.
I am a mom of young children, a spouse, daughter, sister and granddaughter. I enjoy working with adults of all ages. A significant aspect of my practice experience involves counselling individuals and couples affected by a variety of issues including self-esteem, stress, grief and loss, life transitions, mental health issues, disability, chronic health issues and terminal illness including, not limited, to dementia. I have a special interest and vast knowledge and experience working with the 'sandwich' generation.
Issues I am Passionate and Knowledgeable about:
- Stress Management
- Anxiety & Depression
- Grief & Loss
- Relationships & Interpersonal Communication
- Caregiver Burden
- Disability and Chronic Disease
- Dementia Care
BC Association of Social Workers - Member Number: 1001977
BC College of Social Workers July 8, 2013 - Registration Number: 11135
Individual 1 hour session - $ 100.00
Couples 1 hour session - $ 140.00
- 24-hour cancellation notice is required prior to your scheduled appointment time or you will be billed for the missed session.
- For those with extended health benefits: contact your provider to determine if counselling services with a Registered Social Worker are covered by your plan. I do not bill insurance companies directly and will provide you with a receipt so you can request, if applicable, reimbursement from your insurance provider.
Teri Varcoe ReachesVictoria BCSaanich BC