Teri Varcoe, MSW RSW
I provide a safe, judgement free space where you can tell your story, identify your strengths and resources to address what you are struggling with. Come away with a plan, practical strategies, perspective and a sense of relief knowing you can, in time with the right tools, learn to manage and process what seems insurmountable. I work within a framework that is holistic, strengths-based, solution-focused and trauma-informed. My approach varies depending on your unique needs and circumstances and takes into account the complex world in which we live.
What is possible for you?
- Embark on a journey toward self-compassion and self-acceptance - not "self-improvement"
- Learn to identify and reframe inaccurate thought patterns applying cognitive behavioural therapy techniques and notice the profound impact this can have on your mood
- Develop greater self-awareness and improve your relationship with yourself and as a result, improve relationships with others
- Gain insight and a new perspective about the issues you are facing
- Increase your knowledge and practice of evidenced based stress management skills
- Learn how to communicate effectively with others, honour your needs and create healthy boundaries
I provide counselling in my home, which is accessible for those with mobility challenges, in the Cedar Hill area of Victoria, British Columbia. I am a counsellor, a Registered Social Worker with a Master of Social Work degree with nineteen years of experience working with adults and families experiencing a wide variety of challenges. There are many profound challenges and transitions we experience throughout life and we need not face them alone.
A significant aspect of my practice experience involves counselling individuals regarding parenting, relationships, anxiety, depression, self-esteem and related boundary struggles, stress management, grief and loss, professional and family caregiver burnout and burnout prevention, life transitions, disability including acquired brain injury, chronic health issues and terminal illness including yet not limited to dementia.
Areas of Experience & Interest:
- Stress Management
- Anxiety & Depression
- Grief & Loss
- Substance Use
- Family Caregiver Burden & Burnout Prevention
- Professional Caregiver Burden & Burnout Prevention
- Chronic Disease
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Aging & End of Life Issues
- Dementia Care
BC Association of Social Workers - Member Number: 1001977
BC College of Social Workers - Registration Number: 11135
Individual 1 hour session $ 100.00
2 Individuals 1 hour session $ 140.00
- 24-hour cancellation notice is required prior to your scheduled appointment time or you will be billed for the missed session.
- For those with extended health benefits: contact your insurance provider to determine if counselling services with a Registered Social Worker are covered by your plan. The great news is more plans are covering Registered Social Workers.
- I do not bill insurance companies directly and will provide you with a receipt so you can request, if applicable, reimbursement from your insurance provider.
Teri Varcoe ReachesVictoria BC