Hi! If you are reading this, it is because you are at a moment in life where you are wanting better for yourself. Good for you! Now is the time to hook up your future self by investing in yourself to increase your life satisfaction, relational connections, happiness, and well-being.
******Schedule a free Consultation session with me here******
Or follow this link:
I imagine you are looking for some help because you want better--
- better relationships
- better coping strategies
- better ways of managing emotions
- better health and well-being in your body
- just something better
Dysfunction is often rooted in stressful or traumatic events.
- Egregious affronts or less overt encounters.
- Events we have lived it ourselves
- Trauma passed down intergenerationally
These events combine to create a particular story.
- Parts of that story crystalize in our mind —in distracting memories, thoughts of self-doubt, or beliefs that result in questioning others.
- This story become fixed in maladaptive behaviors—actions that seek to release or avoid tension or reject the inflexibility that the story creates.
- Other parts of the story may get trapped in the body—transient pain, trouble sleeping, gut problems, or various medical problems like fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, irritable bowel syndrome, autoimmune disorders and more.
- The stories get caught in relationships— maladaptive patterns repeat, and people can struggle to establish and maintain deep human connection, or they can be wedged between the genuine desire for connection and the unabating fear of vulnerability.
To affect change, promote acceptance, cultivate healing, and achieve restoration, I use an integrative approach that engages the body, mind, and spirit, and is directed towards the development of healthy, fulfilling relationships.
- My sessions take place on video conferencing platforms.
- I utilize midweek phone calls, text check-ins as well as a password protected client portal on my website.
· Session fees range between $100-225/session depending on length and service.
- I offer a sliding scale for
- BIPOC and other marginalized communities
- Individuals with disabilities
- Those who are lower income.
ISSUES I CAN HELP YOU WITH:
- Moving past a traumatic or difficult experience
- Relational difficulties
- Spiritual struggles
- Coping with stress or other difficult life circumstances
- Managing a chronic medical condition (like fibromyalgia, irritable bowel, restless leg)
- Coping with a disability
- Readjustment to civilian life for Veterans
- Embodied racial or transgenerational trauma
- Faith-integrated support
HOW YOU MAY EXPERIENCE CHANGES IN YOUR LIFE:
- More emotional capacity
- Better regulation and management of big emotions
- Healthier relationships
- Better sleep
- Less pain and fatigue
- More coping strategies
- Better communication skills
- More presence and self-awareness
ABOUT MY INTEGRATED PRACTICE: I strive to apply the most effective strategies when working with individuals and adapt a unique plan that accounts for culture, ability, and other areas of diversity. I offer sturdy compassion to those I am honored to collaborate with, regardless of how frustrating or horrific their stories are. We don't just have bodies. we are bodies. As such, I integrate the body, mind and spirit in a person's process. It is within this sacred milieu that we affect change, promote acceptance, cultivate healing, and achieve restoration.
MODALITIES I AM TRAINED/CERTIFIED IN: (These inform the services I provide)
- Somatic Experiencing
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Mindfulness and meditation practices
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
- Bodywork and touch work for trauma
- Experiential work
- Other Eastern and Western approaches to healing the body, mind and spirit.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Student in Clinical Psychology (PhD Expected 2021)
- Masters of Arts in Intercultural Studies
- Masters of Arts in Theology
- Masters of Arts in Clinical Psychology
- Masters of Arts in Clinical Psychology: Marriage and Family Therapy
INTEGRATED/ALTERNATIVE PRACTICE vs TRADITIONAL PSYCHOTHERAPY:
I practice alternative approaches to healing and work with others as a coach because traditional psychotherapy isn’t for everyone.
1. Traditional psychotherapy places less value or weight on the importance of the body than I do.
2. Not all individuals who want help living a better life have a mental health disorder and need a mental health provider.
3. Often the people I see in my coaching practice have been in therapy for years and still are not where they want to be. This is where the integration of the body and spirit is so essential.
4. Sometimes we are just naturally stuck and need help to achieve our goals.
5. Sometimes coaching is a better fit. I integrate an individual’s body, mind, and spirit/spirituality because sometimes we are stuck in one or all of these vital areas of our experience.
As a integrated/alternative provider and coach I am not operating as licensed physician or psychologist providing traditional medical or mental health treatment. I implement a holistic approach and integrate an individual’s body, mind, and spirit/spirituality because sometimes we are stuck in one or all of these vital areas of our experience. As such, I am formally trained to work with both the mind and the body. I implement strategies informed by Eastern and Western medicine and provide alternative therapy that is complementary to the healing arts services that are offered by providers who are licensed by the state. As such, I offer services that are in compliance with California state laws, including California Business & Professional Code § 2053.6