Hello and Welcome!
I am a registered psychologist in the province of Alberta and I feel fortunate to do the work I do. Throughout my 11 years of clinical experience, I have had the opportunity to help various individuals, couples and families live more satisfying lives. In my work, I use a creative and mindful approach to assist individuals and couples in working through personal obstacles and identifying the factors that often lead to frustration and a feeling of being stuck. My commitment is to understand you and assist you in developing techniques that will create preferred experiences in your life.
Main Areas of Specializations:
- Couple's Counselling - communication, trust issues, pre-marital counselling, couple’s counselling with one, intimacy and sexual desire
- Personal Growth and Developing a Sense of Self - Understanding and addressing what is in the way of you living the life you want to live, the art of self-confrontation
- Parent and Adult Child Relationship - Working through relational challenges between a parent and an adult child
- Parenting - Help and coaching on how to address challenging times with your child and adolescent
- Faith Transition - Addressing the impact of leaving a religion you grew up in (e.g., loss of community and building a new one, interactions with family members who are still part of the religion, parenting, inter-religious marriages)
I also address the following:
- Eating disorder
- Anger management and regulation of emotions
- Family counselling
My Approach in Counselling:
My process of counseling is tailored to your own personal needs and experience. Together we can:
I invite you to visit my website www.Verlyne.com for further information. I look forward to meeting you!
- Build a therapeutic relationship where you feel trust and safe to share your most personal issues
- Address your needs, your story, your truth
- Facilitate an understanding of your concerns and experience
- Identify the missing elements and limiting beliefs that often lead to a feeling of being stuck
- Explore, develop and experience ways and techniques that will expand beliefs, create preferred experiences and open up the possibilities of change
- Develop practical tools to integrate your work in counseling into your everyday life
Verlyne Christensen ReachesCalgary AB