Child Psychologists and/or Child Counsellors in Edmonton.

Find A Therapist in Edmonton

Child Counselor

SunRise Psychology Centre, LCSW, RCSW, CSW, MSW, CHT

Registered Psychologists, Registered Provisional Psychologists, Psychology Interns

Within Driving Distance of Edmonton, AB

At SunRise we offer a variety of services for young children. We do play therapy for children, where the focus is on establishing a trusting relationship, where important themes can be processes. We also offer assessments in school psychology, both clinical and psycho-educational. Young children in school, in families and in friendships can have daunting challenges, and we are here to help with transitions, delays in emotional functioning, bullying, and socio-emotional traumas.

Child Psychologist

Tamara Hanoski, Ph.D, R.Psych

Registered Psychologist

9690 182 Street, Edmonton, AB T5T 6M1

I work with children from the age of 3 to 17. While adolescents are able to engage appropriately in more traditional "talk therapy," younger children do not have the skills to verbally share their feelings or experiences. Instead, they will often work through their issues in more symbolic ways, such as through play. Different types of play are used, such as sandtray play, dolls or puppets, books, art, storytelling, and therapeutic board games. While the child plays, I ask questions and probe for more information, in an attempt to assist the child to share feelings, resolve difficulties, gain a sense of mastery, and problem solve in a healthy manner.

Child Counselor

Mallory Becker, M.A., R.Psyc.

Registered Psychologist

10069 80 Avenue, Edmonton, AB T6E 1T4

Our office has child psychologists to help with a variety of issues such as anxiety, behaviour issues, trauma, or parent divorce. We want you to have the relationship with your child you want, and want to see your child to grow to their ultimate potential. Please email me for more information about your child, your needs, and goals - and we will connect you with one of our psychologists that will be the best fit for your child.

Find A Therapist