Envisioning Change – Art Therapy Workshop for Women in Transition
Changes – whether in your outer context or your inner life – are often unsettling.
- Are you a woman in a time of active change or loss? Or do you sense that something needs to change in your life?
- Are you looking backwards and evaluating the past?
- Are you wondering what’s next?
Add to that the expectations of a brand new year, and messages like “Set Your Ultimate Goals!” “Make Resolutions that WORK!” or “Whip Yourself into Shape!” can really bring you down during these dark months!
Would you rather enter 2017 in a different spirit? If you want to set an intention to be more peaceful, present, and empathic with yourself this year, please join me!
Open Hearth Studio offers you an experience of mindful and creative immersion in your own journey. You will be nurtured in an atmosphere of acceptance, to gently explore where you are, and what you want to bring into your life as you move forwards. At this intensive art therapy workshop, we will create from our hearts, and for our hearts, with the intention to be accepting of what comes.
At this 4-hour workshop you will:
- Connect deeply with yourself so you can approach your future with self-compassion and confidence.
- Explore your vision for the future so you will know where to focus your attention this year.
- Learn simple creative grounding techniques, so you can feel calm in the middle of times of change and uncertainty.
Who is this workshop for?
- You are an adult woman in a time of active transition, or who has an internal sense that something needs to change in your life.
- You’re excited to explore these issues through art-making – but no experience is necessary!
What will I be doing at this workshop?
- You will be guided through art therapy exercises specially designed to help you understand this season of change in your life.
- There will opportunities for both verbal sharing in the group, and individual journaling to reflect on what your art is saying to you.
- There will be healthy snacks and warm beverages to keep your energy up.
I’m not an artist! Do I need experience with art?
- That’s perfectly fine! No experience or particular talent is necessary. We focus on the process, not the product.
- What we create in this day is for us alone, like a journal or diary entry. While something beautiful MAY come from it, we don’t do it for anyone else, or to judge it for its skilfulness. This is your time.
What''s the time and location?
- The workshop will take place at the Open Hearth Studio, in Victoria, BC on Saturday, January 14th from 1:00pm - 5:00pm. Registrants should plan to arrive with enough time to find parking and settle in before we start right on time.
Is the location accessible?
- Participants need to be able to handle a short flight of stairs. There are handrails on both sides.
What''s the cost to me?
- $130 for a four-hour, intensive and intimate retreat with lots of personal attention. Maximum 5 people attending. Please register early!
- Registration will close on January 11th. Registration fees are non-refundable. With 24 hours notice you may exchange your registration fee for credit for another Open Hearth Studio service or group.
How do I register or ask for more information?
- Please phone Frances at (250) 595-0405 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org to register or ask any questions about this group.
- Or click here to go to Eventbrite where you can register online with your credit card.