THERE IS HOPE
Are you struggling with negative/suicide thinking? Are you feeling down in the dump/depressed?
Are you grieving something or someone? Is you relationship or marriage or family in trouble?
Regardless of your life phase, there are issues that you will face. Sometimes you will be able to improve your situation on your own. Other times it takes some outside guidance. I specialize in helping you deal with:
I can help you with:
- Abuse (Physical,Sexual, Emotional or Verbal)
- Adjustment problems
- Child & adolescent issues
- Family and relationship issues
- Life transition
- Loss & bereavement
- Military related stressors
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Self improvement/growth
- Stress management
- Suicide ideations/thinking
- Trauma Recovery
- Women's issues
I can help you by providing:
- Individual Counseling
- Marriage Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Group Counseling
Some ways I use to help you include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Christian Counseling
- Interpersonal Therapy ( IPT)
- Trauma Focused therapies
I specialize in :
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder/ Trauma Recovery
- Christian counseling
I am a Licensed Graduate Professional Counselor in Washington DC, as Resident in Counseling in Virginia (supervised by Jessica S. Mcnair, LPC) and a Nationally Certified Counselor. I personally understand how traumatic experiences significantly affect our wellbeing. My goal is to provide you with a nonjudgemental and safe space where you can process your challenges and increased hope. I tailor therapy to your individual need(s) in a confidential, professional and compassionate manner.
Education and Training
I hold a Masters Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. I completed my practicum working as a psychiatric evaluator. In this capacity, I worked with children, adults and adolescents with a variety of concerns. I also completed a year long internship at a military hospital providing care to adults, adolescent, children and families. I conducted individual, marriage and family therapy to military and civilians families with a variety of concerns to include ADHD, adjustment disorders, anxiety depression, interpersonal conflicts, PTSD sexual trauma, work stress, marriage problems, and parenting.
As a Christian clinical therapist, I am interested in and respectful of the spiritual values, beliefs and cultural heritage of all persons. In providing therapy, I seek to engage in a process that is attentive to the integration of mind, body and spirit and am always willing to consider with my clients the physical and spiritual as well as psychological aspects of healing. I am also well suited to christian counseling, and welcome the opportunity to work with any one regardless of their religious beliefs.
Some benefits of therapy includes:
Therapy can be helpful because it helps you to develop or increase your ability to:
- learn new ways to understand your problems and deal with it
- identify and change negative/destructive/ or suicidal thought patterns and beliefs.
- gain new perspective about yourself, others and the world that help you live more productively
- recognize your inherent value and worth.
- Learn new ways of coping and experience support that can increase hope and healing
- recognize that you are not alone in your challenges
No matter what issues prompted you to browse this page, there is HOPE! Give me a call to determine if we are a good fit.
Christiana Shao ReachesAlexandria VA