Welcome. I am a licensed psychotherapist with a private practice in Beverly Hills. I currently see adolescents and adults with a variety of concerns including relationship issues, stress, grief and loss, depression, anxiety and trouble coping in general.
Approach & Orientation
My approach to therapy is eclectic, uniquely suited to your needs, as one size doesn’t fit all. You and I will work together in a safe and secure environment so that we can address what's causing you turmoil. By focusing not only on your current experiences, but also addressing the root cause(s) of your pain, healing and long-term relief are possible. While we will seek the underlying causes of your problems, I would be remiss to not address the day to day struggles you may be having such as anxiety, depression, self-injury, substance abuse, anger, excessive worry, etc. So we will also seek ways to implement coping skills that you can apply in the here and now to give you immediate relief.
Through this work, there is a way through the tough times, allowing you to find a path towards inner peace and a happier life.
Areas I Specialize in are:
- Teen Issues
- Anxiety / Worry
- Grief & Loss
- Relationship Problems
- Substance Abuse & Addiction
Other Areas I work with are:
- Abandonment Issues
- Family Conflicts
- Low Self-Esteem
- Coping Skills
- Eating dysfunctions
- Creative blocks / issues
- Self improvement / growth
Experience and Training
I graduated from Antioch University, Los Angeles in 2005. Some of my training and experience includes:
- Providing psychotherapy to teens at the Culver City Youth Health Center, which serves both the middle school and high school
- Supervision of teens at TEEN LINE, a peer-to-peer hotline that deals with issues such as child abuse, relationships, drug abuse, suicide, self-injury and sexuality
- Providing psychotherapy to those suffering from drug and alcohol addiction, as well as depression and anxiety at Beit T'Shuvah, a long-term residential treatment program
- Facilitating group therapy with "at-risk" children at Vista Del Mar (Julia Ann Singer)
- Volunteering at Hospice I provided grief and loss support to patients with six months or less to live and their families. This required an intensive training on grief and loss
Seeking help and support takes courage. Feel free to call me to talk about your needs and what you are looking for. You can also check out my website www.kristinallentherapy.com to find more information. I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Kristin Allen ReachesWest Los Angeles CA