I SOCIAL SKILLS GROUP
“... my child knows how to behave but she CHOOSES to misbehave...”
“...he knows what he is supposed to do, so why isn’t he doing it?”
“... I told her to stop doing that! But she keeps doing it!!”
Has your child difficulty to control his/her impulse?
• Has your child trouble interacting with peers and authority figures?
• Is your child dealing with anger?
• Has your child recognized his own’s and other person’s feeling?
• Does she/he know how to resolve a conflict in a peaceful manner?
• Difficulty making or keeping friends?
• Trouble acting correctly in social situations (school, store, parties, meals)?
Difficulty initiating, maintaining, or ending a conversation?
Changing a habit is not easy; it takes time, patience, and the right tools.
This group is designed to teach self-monitoring techniques to allow a child to get along with their peers and with other people in an effective manner.
The Social Skills Training Program is effective in increasing self-esteem and social activity levels.
Social skills training" is a general term for instruction conducted in behavioral areas that promotes more productive, and positive interaction with others.
Role-plays and group interaction will give the children opportunities to practice these skills during the group session.
School aged children between of 4 and 17 years. Groups are based upon age.
10 Sessions. First and last session: parents only - to provide feedback and recommendations.
Fees are affordable. Please contact the office for the current fees and for more information.