Can’t seem to turn your brain off and stop worrying? Are you constantly overthinking? Are you playing the same events over and over in your mind? Always concerned about saying or doing the right thing?
Inside you may be feeling on-edge and nervous and struggling with doubts and fears can be so tiring, which makes it harder to cope. It can seem like a never-ending cycle where trying to control everything just makes you feel more restless and out of control.
Does this sound like you?
Let me help you understand and embrace your anxiety instead of feeling overwhelmed by it and worried about whether it’s going to be okay. Learn how to tackle the internal judgments, assumptions and insecurities that have been keeping you stuck. Imagine living in the moment instead of focusing on the “what-ifs.”
I help people whose stress or anxiety is getting in the way of leading a purposeful and enjoyable life. I work most frequently with people experiencing the following concerns:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) or constant, excessive worrying that interferes with everyday functioning
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) or recurring, unwanted thoughts or images that cause repetitive, disruptive behavior, which is hard to stop
- Anxiety that interferes in relationships with others, like constantly worrying about doing something wrong, being well-liked, or engaging in people-pleasing.
- Folks experiencing anxiety related to illness, health, and wellness
Therapy with me will help you to:
- Identify, understand and change unhelpful actions and behaviors
- Stop avoiding people, places and things so that you can re-engage your life in a meaningful way
- Learn and implement practical skills to reduce and manage constant worrying
- Develop healthier, more effective ways of coping
- Face your fears and increase your ability to function on a daily basis
- Live a fuller life!
I use evidence-based practices that are proven to work. I actively use cognitive, behavioral, mindfulness, interpersonal, and strengths-based strategies in my practice and always tailor my approach to your needs.
My style is collaborative. I make decisions with you, not for you. I am genuine, transparent, and reflective in our sessions, but will challenge you to move toward your therapy goals.
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) – State of New York
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) – State of New Jersey
- Board-Certified Telemental Health Provider (BC-TMH) – Center for Credentialing and Education
Ready to get started?
Asking for help can be hard! I'm so glad you're taking this first step.
Call me today at 516-324-3515 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a free 20-minute consultation.
You can also click here to schedule an appointment through fast and easy online booking.
Diane Georges ReachesManhasset NYHuntington NY