Address: 11150 E. Dartmouth Avenue , Denver, CO, 80014
Phone: (720) 748-9908
Who We Are: HeartLight Center is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization which was founded in 2001 and opened its doors to the public for groups and programs on September 30, 2003.
Mission Statement: HeartLight Center provides affordable grief education and support for the Denver metropolitan community.
Who We Serve: A non-profit gathering place open to all in our community, HeartLight Center seeks to provide education about, and support through, the grief process.
HeartLight Center provides affordable education programs for professional and volunteer caregivers in our community who are working with those who are grieving.
How We Serve: Offered in group sessions, our work provides participants with the community and insight to gain the strength and peace they need to effectively move forward with their lives.
Ongoing Monthly Grief Groups:
Each of our ongoing support groups meet monthly. A $10 tax-deductible contribution to the nonprofit is encouraged for all support groups. Participants may come for as long or as short of a time as they need, with no start or end date. Groups typically meet from 7:00 – 8:30pm. Additional donations are appreciated.
- Growing through Grief – This ongoing support group is open to anyone who has experienced a death. Come and spend time learning about the grief process and connecting with others. Meets on the 1st Wednesday of each month.
- Loss of a Spouse/Partner Education and Support Group – An ongoing support and educational group for people who have experienced the death of a spouse, partner or significant other. If your loss is recent or years ago, you are welcome to come and spend an evening with others who are on a similar journey. (Newcomers are encouraged to attend this group before attending the Loss of a Spouse/Partner Peer Support Group).
Meets on the 2nd Wednesday of each month.
- Loss of a Parent Support Group – An ongoing support group for adults who have experienced the death of a parent(s). Meets on the 3rd Wednesday of the month.
- Loss of a Spouse/Partner Peer Support Group – An ongoing support group focused on discussion topics relating to the grief and loss journey. Meets on the 4th Wednesday of each month.
- Men’s Group – A peer support group dedicated to addressing the unique issues encountered by men who have experienced the death of a spouse, partner or significant other. Meets on the 1st Tuesday of each month.
- Young Loss of a Spouse/Partner Group – A peer support group for men and women 45 and under who have lost a spouse, partner or significant other. Meets on the 3rd Tuesday of every month.
HeartLight Center Groups in the Community:
- Young Loss of Spouse/Partner Support Group: 6 months ago or more. On ongoing peer support group for men and women 45 and under who have lost a spouse, partner or significant other who are 6 months or more post loss. This group focuses on topical and small group discussions. *Meets the 1st Thursday of the month at Highlands Church located at 2644 W 32nd Ave, Denver, CO 80211
- Northglenn Spouse/Partner Loss Grief Support Group – An ongoing support and educational group for people who have experienced the death of a spouse, partner or significant other. If your loss is recent or years ago, you are welcome to come and spend an evening with others who are on a similar journey.
*Please note this group is held at Halcyon Hospice located at 11154 Huron St. Suite 210, Northglenn, CO 80234
Community Groups Meeting at HeartLight Center:
- East Metro Heartbeat Group – This is an ongoing monthly support group for survivors after suicide, who seek hope and healing in their lives after the tragic loss of a loved one to suicide. We come to share our pain and connect with other survivors in a circle of acceptance, understanding, and love.
- Compassionate Friends Aurora Chapter – A peer support group for bereaved parents, grandparents and adult siblings who have experienced the death of a child, grandchild or sibling at any age and for any reason. Meets on the third Thursday of each month.
- Bereaved Siblings Support Group – A support group for individuals 18 and up who are grieving the loss of their sibling or siblings. Meets on the 1st Thursday of month from 7-9pm at HeartLight Center.
- GRASP – Grief Recovery After a Substance Passing – GRASP provides sources of help, compassion and most of all understanding for individuals and families who have had someone they love die as a result of substance use or addiction. Meet the third Monday of each month. Please note: this group is not appropriate for individuals who are currently dealing with substance abuse.
For additional information regarding our support groups – please email email@example.com.