Nechi Institute Centre of Indigenous Learning
Address: Nechi Institute: Centre of Indegenous Learning, St. Albert, , T8N 2G3
“Nechi Institute is a powerful resource using transformative educational programs and indigenous healing modalities.”
Nechi Institute has been a leader in addictions treatment, research, and training for over forty (40) years. Indigenous people have been diversely affected by colonization which is observable through the abuse and trauma that affects our Indigenous communities. Our courses were developed by and for Indigenous people in response to an overwhelming need to provide culturally appropriate addictions training for treatment.
Today, we continue to teach our students processes of de-colonization utilizing a teaching model that integrates theory and practice through role-playing, experiential learning and group work. Nechi’s has been consistent and conscientious in the original mandate which is to facilitate a holistic healing process that will improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Peoples, members of the public and private sectors, and the international community.
We continue to rely on the strength and wisdom of our Elders and the values that have sustained our relationships.
Accreditation and Certification
Our institute is accredited through the National Indigenous Accreditation Board (NIAB), the accrediting body of the National Association of Indigenous Institutes of Higher Learning.
Our courses are accredited through:
- Canadian Council of Professional Certification (CCPC)
- Canadian Addiction Counsellors Certification Federation (CACCF)
- First Nations Wellness/Addictions Counsellor Certification Board (FNWACCB)
We are a member of:
- First Nations Adult and Higher Education Consortium (FNAHEC)
- Alberta Council on Admissions and Transfer (ACAT)
Registration Information and Requirements
- You must have achieved one (1) year sobriety if you have a history of addictions.
- You must be 18 years of age or older (some exceptions may apply). You must agree to abstain from the use of alcohol and illicit drugs throughout training.
- Some of our courses, require that you have good academic standing in English 30-1 and English 30-2.
- Eligibility for Mature Student status will be reviewed.
- You have secured funding in place for sponsorship to attend our programs.
In order to register for one of our courses, you must meet the following:For more information or to register, download our application at www.nechi.com, send us an email at email@example.com, or call us at 1-800-459-1884! We are also on Facebook at Nechi Institute 1974, like our page, to view updated