On April 8, 2013, Bear Creek Counselling will be hosting a Grief Care Group for adults who have experienced the death of a loved one. The goals of the group include:
- to educate, normalize, and validate the process of grief and loss
- to facilitate, the healing process by helping grieving persons to cope with overwhelming emotions
- to learn to constructively express your feelings and thoughts to others
- to benefit from others' experience, and from the experience of helping others
- to facilitate problem solving related to loss
- to anticipate and prepare for future challenges related to the loss.
The facilitator - Karen Gustafson - has experienced the profound loss of her husband (in 2001), and therefore has great compassion for others experiencing losses through death. She received her MA degree in Counselling Psychology from Trinity Western University, and is a member of Canadian Counselling & Psychotherapy Association.
There will be six Grief Care Group evenings in all, with opportunities given for sharing. The location will be at Oliver's Funeral Home, beginning 7 p.m. Please arrive 6:30 p.m. on April 8 for registration.