It breaks my heart to see couples suffer with the slowness of private
counseling sessions. We can cover only so much in 55 minutes. You can
greatly accelerate your progress by meeting for 1-4 days to achieve your
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Married, engaged, dating or co-habitating couples. Whether you have a
good relationship and want to make it better, or your marriage is in
trouble, I will help you create a loving relationship where you can
As couples move beyond the “honeymoon” phase, they encounter conflicts.
If not handled skillfully, emotional wounds mount up, adding one more
brick in the wall. That hurts. There is hope and help.
I’ll design a retreat tailored to your needs.
- Enhance your emotional and physical intimacy so you feel loved and understood.
- Develop spiritual intimacy. You’ll connect with God even more deeply, our greatest source of love and wisdom.
- Develop the over-arching purpose for your relationship that keeps you motivated to do what it takes when the going gets tough.
- Raise your awareness about your coping patterns: the ones that work well and the dysfunctional ones.
- Constructively manage resentment, hurt, anger, and fear. Set aside defensiveness, criticism, contempt and stonewalling.
- Listen deeply. Empathize. Lean toward your partner … instead of away … so you stop the loneliness and pain.
- Increase your self-awareness and your awareness of your partner.
- Learn how to decipher the messages in your emotions.
- Think clearly before you speak.
- Become aware of your interpretations that either enhance or decrease intimacy.
- Develop a loving relationship with your body and your partner’s body.
- Give and receive the nurturance you need.
- Heal childhood emotional wounds and traumas that block intimacy.
- Express yourself responsibly so your partner will connect with you.
- Apologize and forgive. Reach true reconciliation so you move from being protected to being trusting and trustworthy.
- Create win-win solutions to meet each others core needs. If you try
to resolve conflicts at the surface level, they will keep repeating like
a revolving door. I will help you discover your deepest needs, and
communicate from that level.
- Love your partner while being true to your Authentic Self.
- Stop losing yourself. Learn how to be assertive, not aggressive and not non-assertive.
THEORY AND TECHNIQUES
I use Gottman Method Couples Therapy which is based on 40 years of
research on masters or disasters of marriage. In addition, I use other
techniques best suited to your learning style. One size does not fit
all. I draw on 3 decades of professional psychological training, my
intuitive listening, and principles of Christian spiritual healing to
tailor a retreat that best meets your needs.
Benita A. Esposito, MA, LPC for a complimentary 15 minute interview. Phone: 770.998.6642