Do you know …
- Half of all marriages that end, do so in the first 7 years.
- Four behaviors predict divorce with 94% accuracy.
- Two behaviors predict divorce at 16 years of marriage.
- Unhappy couples have a 35% increased chance of serious illness.
- Happy couples live 4-6 years longer.
to solve conflicts when you are stressed only makes things worse. It is
kind of like talking to a drunk. You won''t get anywhere.
By the end of the workshop, you will walk away with practical skills you can immediately apply.
- Communicate, listen and empathize so you become each others best friend.
- Affair-proof your marriage by meeting your spouse''s unique needs.
- Enhance emotional intimacy, physical intimacy and spiritual intimacy.
- Resolve conflicts so you generate win-win solutions.
This workshop is based on the New York Times Best Seller: The Seven Principles of Making Marriage Work by John Gottman, PhD. Four decades of research on what makes masters and disasters of marriage.
Who Should Attend
- Married couples, engaged, co-habitating, dating. Anyone with a committed romantic relationship.
Couples: People with severe relationship distress, significant
emotional or physical abuse, serious emotional or mental health
problems, relationships where one or both partners are actively addicted
to drugs or alcohol, and relationships with serious compulsive behavior
with gambling, sexual acting out (including affairs), and other
disruptive behaviors. If these situations are discovered during class, a
referral will be made for individual or couples psychotherapy.
workshop does not include sharing problems publicly. Couple’s exercises
are done privately. Since the class involves couples doing exercises
together, both partners must participate.
This workshop is based on these books:
- The Seven Principles of Making Marriage Work by John Gottman, PhD.
- Biblical Reference Guide for the Gottman Method by David Penner, PhD
Format: Lecture, multi-media presentations, interactive exercises and Q&A discussion.
Registration Deadline: Payment must be received by June 23.