Self-Compassion and Mindfulness Workshop
Join our counsellors Kristi and Katie for a workshop to learn more about how to practice self-compassion and mindfulness. The combined skills of mindfulness and self-compassion are a powerful tool for emotional resilience. Mindfulness is being able to turn toward and acknowledge our difficult thoughts with a spirit of openness and curiosity. Self-compassion involves responding to these difficult thoughts and feelings with kindness and sympathy.
Through teaching, group discussion, meditation, and experiential exercises, this workshop teaches practical skills to help bring self-compassion and mindfulness into our daily lives. Join us at this workshop to learn:
* the basics of mindfulness and self-compassion,
* how to stop being so hard on yourself,
* how to handle difficult emotions with greater ease,
* how to motivate yourself with encouragement rather than criticism, and
* mindfulness and self-compassion practices for home and everyday life.
When: 9:30-11:30am on Saturday, May 26th
Where: New Leaf Wellness Centre (Unit B 2309 McCallum Road)
Call 604-850-2511 or email email@example.com to register.
Light refreshments will be served. Limited space available for this workshop so sign up now to reserve your spot.