Blended Family Workshops
Welcome to our Blended Families Workshop! Register now for a 6-week interactive workshop for couples and individuals in stepfamily relationships. Spend 2 hours over a 6-week period learning how stepfamilies are different from traditional families.
What are the takeaway’s – How will I benefit?
- Improved knowledge of “normal” stepfamily development and functioning; i.e., validation of your experiences in stepfamilies.
- Enhanced skills for adjusting to change.
- Improved knowledge of legal and financial issues in stepfamilies.
- Skills for negotiating shared meaning of expectations and family roles.
- Improved knowledge of successful step-parenting strategies and the role biological parents play in healthy stepparent-stepchild relationships.
- Improved knowledge of child development and positive parenting skills.
- An understanding of and skills in the use of empathy.
- Enhanced communication skills in the family and in the co-parenting relationships.
- Enhanced understanding of children’s needs in post-separation/divorced families.
- An understanding of skills in conflict management.
- Greater use of healthy, respectful, and kind behaviors towards others in the family.
- Strengthened marital relationships.
Who should register:
Any parent or guardian who is parenting as part of a blended family or step family
Any couple who live at home with a child(ren) that biologically belongs to one and not the other
Children cannot attend and no childcare is offered during workshops
2018 Workshop Dates (Wednesdays from 6:00pm to 8:00pm)
Starting Sept 5th, Sept 12, Sept 19, Sept 26, Oct 3, and Oct 10
Starting Oct 31st, Nov 7, Nov 14, Nov 21, Nov 28 and Dec 5
The design of the program incorporates didactic teaching, interactive handouts and quizzes, video segments, and hands-on activities.
1404 10 Street NW (Journey Counselling NW office). Free parking on site and in the neighbourhood.
Registration deadline August 28th for Sept 5th start and Oct 24th for Oct 31st start. Cancellations before these dates receive a full refund or can be transferred to another workshop space permitting. After this date and before the start date a 50% refund will be provided. After the workshop start date no refunds will be provided.