Help kids 8-12 with managing anxiety (official diagnosis not required).
Discussions, role plays, games, home exercises , transferable skills, individually tailored interventions all within a supportive group environment.
Researched Methods such as Narrative; Solution Focused and Play therapy, as well as CBT techniques.
March 7-April 18, 2020 (We will skip Easter weekend April 11, 2020)
$125/session/6 sessions= $750/participant, receipts will be included.
• What is anxiety?
• What is fear?
• What is worry?
• What are the benefits of these feelings?
2. Naming Our Anxiety:
• How does the environment impact our emotions?
• Externalizing anxiety to be able to view anxiety from different angles
• How do others impact my anxiety?
3. Anxiety and Me (Role Plays):
• Self-talk (stinking thinking)
• Cognitive distortions
• Reframing and unlearning destructive thought patterns
• Becoming unstuck
*Using real scenarios from their lives to make the role play meaningful to the group members.
4. Body Language:
• Expanding their feelings vocabulary
• Body cues: how our bodies inform us about what is happening
• Recognizing and listening to body cues.
5. Worries and Fears:
• Real or imagined it is still fear.
• Taking charge of worry.
• Balance between strength and worries.
• How big is my worry, how real is my strength?
• Start looking at plans “ how to….” (goals and contracting)
6. Wrap Up and Future Plans (Contracting with self and others):
• Resources (helpers)
• Role plays implementing skills/tools acquired in the previous 5 sessions.