Do you feel unhappy, on edge, lost, and lonely even though on the outside it looks like you have it made?
Are you feeling stuck in a life that you worked hard to get because you thought that’s what you should want?
Are you losing sight of who you really are?
Does it seem as though your emotions have too much power over you?
Sometimes, even the most intelligent and accomplished among us may feel life has lost true meaning. You don’t have to settle for a life half-lived. In a warm, trusting, collaborative, and non-judgmental space, you can embark on an empowering journey of self-discovery. With curiosity, self-compassion, and commitment to the process, you can unlock your innate strength and wisdom. Then, you can let go of limitations and live in service of your truest self.
About Dr. Selkirk
Alaleh “Allie” Selkirk, Ph.D., licensed clinical psychologist, started her career as an elementary school teacher. While raising her small children, Dr. Selkirk became increasingly curious and passionate about human development, leading her to pursue a Ph.D. in psychology. She became a Commissioned Naval Officer and a Navy psychologist for nine years before entering private practice. Dr. Selkirk has specialized training in trauma treatment, depression treatment, anxiety treatment, and insomnia treatment, as well as extensive experience working with anger, personal and professional relationship difficulties, and personality disorders. In addition to multiple Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals, Dr. Selkirk is meritoriously honored as a lifetime member of America’s Registry of Outstanding Professionals.
I specialize in helping those struggling with:
- Interpersonal relationship difficulties
Benefits of Therapy with Dr. Selkirk
At Introspection Beverly Hills, I welcome you as you are. My goal is to help you compassionately explore the depths of your emotions and find empowerment through meaningful self-discovery. I offer safety and nonjudgmental listening so that we can process your feelings, identify what’s not working for you, and brainstorm ways to make things better. I am told by past patients, staff, and referring colleagues that after working with me for a while, beyond achieving symptom resolution my patients tend to evolve into a happier and nicer version of themselves.
Some unsolicited feedback from former patients (anonymity preserved):
- “I feel like before coming to therapy with you I didn’t really exist, like there was nothing inside but this huge emptiness. But now after a year I feel I exist for the first time, Like I was just born.”
- “You’ve helped me want to let go of my anger! I still want to get things done in the most efficient and best way but I feel I don’t need the anger anymore. I feel a real sense of confidence, like I don’t have to fake acting confident and yelling and hollering to get things done, and I feel more peaceful!”
- “You have helped me and my family more than I can explain. You helped me let go of my “should’s” and “should’nts” and realize I’m enough! My kids actually want to spend time with me now.”
Dr. Selkirk Uses These Strategies to Help
I provide psychodiagnostic assessment and psychological testing, key components of an individualized, effective treatment to heal emotional wounds and thrive in life. Using cognitive behavioral and psychodynamic approaches, I am committed to helping you develop the skills you need to navigate challenges, effectively cope with distress, and start to live as your most authentic self. I invite you to acknowledge and express your truest self. I use the fundamentals of Positive Psychology to identify your existing strengths and use them as scaffolding to help you reach your higher self. We will use all the goodness that is you to help you find the best you!
My hourly rates range from $180-$500. A clinical session is 55 minutes. The wide range in my hourly rates reflects the diverse types of services I provide, including varieties of Evaluations and Psychological Testing, Evidence-Based Treatments, and two types of individualized Concierge Membership levels.
· I am happy to provide you a Super Bill, which you can submit to your insurance carrier for reimbursement. Please check the particulars of your insurance plan to verify reimbursement for psychological services.
- Respecialization in Clinical Psychology, Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology
- Internship in Clinical Psychology, Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, US Navy
- Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology, Harold Abel School of Psychology, Capella University
- Master of Education in Cross-cultural Teaching, National University
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology, University of Toronto
- Introspection Beverly Hills, A Professional Psychological Corporation, President
- CHE Senior Psychological Services, Clinical Psychologist
- United States Navy, Active Duty Officer, Clinical Psychologist
- United States Navy, Active Duty Officer, Research Psychologist
- Florida State University, Adjunct Professor of Psychology
- Department of Defense Schools, Teacher, English As a Second Language (ESL), Grades 7-12
- Shelby County School District, Teacher, Grade 5 Science and Math
- San Diego Unified School District, Teacher, Grades 1 and 2