I am a compassionate and caring person, and many describe me as genuine, trustworthy, and approachable. My professional education and experience has been committed to the field of adult mental health & concurrent disorders, and to supporting individuals to grow in their capacity, functioning, and overall well being.
My practice is confidential, client-centred and strengths-based with a focus on enhancing coping and confidence to move towards deeper resolution. I am trained and certified in best practice therapies for the treatment of PTSD/trauma, anxiety disorders (ex. GAD, OCD, and BFRB's), depression, and grief and loss. Primary therapies available include EMDR, CBT, DBT, EFT, and Brief Solution Focused.
I also offer consultation to social service agencies seeking to design & develop effective and efficient programming and operations as well as;
- Capacity Assessments for the Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee in Alberta
- Commissioner of Oaths for the Province of Alberta
- Federal Provider for Veterans Affairs, National Defense, & RCMP
- Clinical Supervision and Mentorship
- Supervision of Provisional Social Workers and Social Work Students
- Social Work Course Instruction (ex. Ethics, Social Policy, Practicum)
Brenda M. Smith ReachesFort McMurray AB