We all face challenges that influence how we see and represent ourselves in the world. Some of these challenges include loss, anger, fear, and hopelessness. Liz recognizes that it takes commitment, effort, and courage to explore the past, embrace the present, and imagine the future. However, she also believes that by interrupting and rethinking the status quo, we can create opportunities and ways of being that will support growth and inspire each of us to live flourishing lives.
As a therapist and lifelong learner, Liz is passionate about purposeful living and encourages the exploration of personal assets that will engender renewal and transformation. When Liz is not exercising her Labrador Retrievers, she enjoys cooking, reading, writing and hosting games nights. For the past 20 years, she has lived in diverse communities and has embraced the cross-cultural experience. Her recent move to Nova Scotia provides new opportunities and experiences to explore.
"When you are eighty years old, and in a quiet moment of reflection narrating for only yourself the most personal version of your life story, the telling that will be most compact and meaningful will be the series of choices you have made. Build yourself a great story." Jeff Bezos, Commencement Speech, Princeton University, 2010
Services Through individual counseling, workshop facilitation, and keynote addresses, Liz presents evidence based research and interventions that inspire personal and professional transformation.
- Emerging Adults
- Mid Life
- Late Adulthood
"My mission in life is not merely to survive but to thrive and to do so with some humor, and some style”. Maya Angelou
Benefits of Counseling
- Cultivating self-awareness
- Identifying personal strengths/assets
- Reframing experiences
- Creating problem solving strategies
- Navigating conflict
- Developing parenting skills
- Generating empathy
- Enhancing communication
- Building self-confidence
- Discovering meaning and purpose in life
- Facilitating the healing process
- Managing anxiety
- Recovering from depression
- Improving health and well being
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT): interrupting negative thought patterns
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT): regulating emotions
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT): engaging in future focused thinking and goal setting
- Strength Based Therapy (SBT): accessing personal successes to manage existing challenges
- Family Systems Therapy: resolving family conflict together as a family unit
- Crisis Therapy: assisting and supporting individuals to navigate crises
Adolescent Pursuit of PurposeThe Adolescent Pursuit of Purpose (A.P.P.) is a flexible five-week youth program intended to develop flourishing skills (coping strategies) and initiate the exploration of purpose pursuits through a series of discovery exercises.
Flourishing Skills Groups™ This course is a transformational group experience that leverages the power of connection to maximize the impact of learning positive psychology, while applying the tools in an intimate and supportive group setting.
safeTALK is a 4 hour workshop where participants learn to recognize and engage persons who might be having thoughts of suicide and connect them with community resources trained in suicide intervention.
The Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is a 2 day workshop for caregivers who want to feel more comfortable, confident and competent in helping to prevent the immediate risk of suicide. This workshop is suitable for mental health professionals, nurses, physicians, pharmacists, teachers, counselors, youth workers, police and correctional staff, school support staff, clergy, and community volunteers.
Licensing and Affiliations
- Member in good standing with the Nova Scotia College of Counseling Therapists (NSCCT)
- FSEAP - Employee and Family Assistance Programs
- Focus on the Family
- Blue Cross
- Free 30 minute phone consultation
- Student Rate: $85.00/hour
- Non-student Rate: $100.00 - $130.00 hour
- Couples & Family Rate: $130.00/hour
- Primary Location: Halifax (South End) 1400 Oxford Street, Halifax, ON, B3H 3Y8
- Secondary Location: 36 Brookshire Ct. #200, Bedford, NS, B4A 4E9
- Mailing Address: P.O. Box 3 Lakeside Station Main, Lakeside, NS, B3T 1M6
Alternate Platforms (Individual Counseling Only)
- Telephone Counseling
Leadership and Executive Coaching
In the workplace, success is frequently equated with productivity and profit. However, Liz believes that foundational to the growth of any organization is the ability to develop and nurture high performance teams. She works to increase opportunities for success by providing individual mentoring and team coaching that is solution focused and achievement oriented.
- Masters in Counselling Psychology (MACP) (Yorkville University, 2019)
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) (University of Ottawa, 1987)
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention (Crisis Prevention Institute, 2019)
- Flourishing Skills Facilitator (The Flourishing Centre, 2017)
- Living Works Education: Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) Trainer (2017)
- Living Works Education: SAFEtalk Trainer (2017)
- Positive Education Practitioner Certificate (The Flourishing Centre, 2016)
- Certificate in International Counselling (Lehigh University, 2015)
- Principals Qualification Programme (Ontario Principals’ Council, 2011)
- Reading Specialist (Queen’s University, 2009)
- Special Education Specialist (Brock University, 2005)
- Nova Scotia College of Counselling Therapists (NSCCT)
- Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)
- Canadian Positive Psychology Association (CPPA)
- Ontario College of Teachers (OCT)
Elizabeth Clarke ReachesHalifax NS