Elizabeth Davis, MA, LPC-S has been practicing psychotherapy for 18 years. She received a Masters Degree in Professional Counseling and is currently a candidate for a Doctorate of Psychology (PsyD) with a focus on Marriage & Family.
Her internship included rounds on general adult psych, trauma, adolescent, and dual diagnosis units at a psychiatric hospital. Her post-graduate work has focused on marriage and trauma counseling. She is trained in EMDR™ and BrainSpotting™ to facilitate rapid trauma processing. In stress-related illness, Elizabeth collaborates with medical teams to provide effective treatment based on a psychobiological model.
Benefits of working with Elizabeth:
- Elizabeth brings hope and tenacity to individual and couple care.
- Elizabeth offers a warm, friendly, family environment where family systems can participate in joint sessions for effective solutions.
- Elizabeth focuses her work and research primarily on marriage and families. Your family system will benefit from this professional concentration.\
- Elizabeth is dedicated to helping clients get through some of the most trying times of their lives with grace, dignity and growth.
- Elizabeth approaches her clients with thoughtful consideration of their needs and concerns.
- Elizabeth establishes baseline metrics based on goals the client sets. She tracks progress and goal attainment, so clients always know where they are in the process.
- Elizabeth is an engaged therapist, both Gestalt and Attachment Based. She is not passive or indirect.
- Elizabeth will design and follow-up on between-session behavioral experiments to change behaviors, extinguish behaviors as well as reinforce new behaviors.
- Elizabeth provides all clients with enhanced relaxation skills to eliminate and prevent future stress-related anxiety or depression.
- Elizabeth honors spiritual beliefs to create holistic care plans for faith-based clients.
- Elizabeth has successfully worked with war veterans and displaced persons who have faced trauma. This trauma work provides a strong foundation for work with civilian clients.
- If clients decide that the best option is to end their marriage, Elizabeth works in the best interest of the children. She works to help families find collaborative solutions and supports clients in healthy relationship, boundaries, co-parenting, & future blending
Elizabeth is active in many social justice issues and is dedicated to peace between family members, between homes and nations. As such she offers a variety of training on civility and conflict resolution. She is active in church reform in the areas of the treatment of women.
She is out-of-network, keeping fees low. Her clients use the BETTER app to get insurance reimbursement.
FREE Affair Recovery E-Book: https://embracenewlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Affair-Recovery-Guide.pdf
Elizabeth Davis, MA, LPC-S ReachesRockwall TX